The Watsons: By Jane Austen, Concluded by L. Oulton [1923] by Jane Austen and L. Oulton

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
Tortilla

Post by Tortilla »

Hello!

I'd love to see someone tackle this very interesting continuation of the fragment titled "The Watsons" by Jane Austen. It will be approximately six hours when completed.

Here is the online text.

Thank you!
Hello! Newly graduated and occasional Librivox contributor.
gusha

Post by gusha »

Hi,

I love to read this book. But can someone else take up the task of organization and reviews, that is, PL, MC, BC and anything other than reading, I mean.
Also, you can check on my voice and narration that I have done so far and let me know (without any hesitation) if it will suit well for this book.

Thanks.
Usha
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Hi, Usha! Are you volunteering to read/record the whole book, or only parts of it? If you'd like to do the whole book, then read this post to find out how to do so: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=13513

Basically, how it will work is that you will be your own BC for a solo. But don't worry, it's not as complicated as it sounds, and your MC will help you understand what to do. Which brings me to my next point, which is that you will definitely have someone to MC (this can only be done by an admin) and will definitely need someone to PL. Preferably, you'd be able to find one person who would commit to PL the whole book, but one way or another, every project will get PLed eventually, so no need to worry about that. If you're still interested, follow that link I gave you to find out what to do next!
gusha

Post by gusha »

Hi Devorah,
Thank you for sharing the details.
I will give some thought to see if I can / want to read the whole book. given that I will have less bandwidth from next week.

Is there a time limit by which Solo reading has to be completed?

I will follow the instructions you referred if I decide to go as solo.

Hi Tortilla,
Did you like the book - it looks only the first few chapters are by Jane Austen and the remainder are by Oulton?

Thanks.
Usha
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

No, there is no time limit for solos. Each soloist works at their own pace. All we ask is that an update be posted once a month or so, so that we know you're still working on it.
gusha

Post by gusha »

Thanks Devorah for the confirmation.

Usha