~ Larry
NOTE: Traveling without internet until March 17
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTIONS - 5, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 22, 27, 32, 33

PL OK
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
JessiW

Post by JessiW »

Could I claim 36, To the Virgin Mary? This will be my first recording.
~Jessica West

"Paths do not only go one way. We choose which direction to take. I refuse to believe that any outside forces can determine the course of my life." - from Illusions of Fate by Kiersten White
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Thanks, Larry. Queued for PL.

Cheers,
Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

JessiW wrote: January 25th, 2021, 2:45 pm Could I claim 36, To the Virgin Mary? This will be my first recording.
Hello, JessiW and welcome to Librivox!

I can reserve this section for you for up to one month. This will give you the time to complete your one-minute-test, which we recommend, before you start recording anything in a project.

The test's purpose is to check that your technical settings are all up to LV standard. You can read all about it here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test

Please post the test in the Listeners Wanted forum: viewforum.php?f=21 and someone will check it and give you feedback or advice if needed.

As soon as the test is ok'ed, please post the results back here, and then I can assign you the section officially.

A good practice is to install the Checker app on your computer. It is used to check the technical settings of your recordings, including the volume. It can be found here, along with instructions for use... https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Checker Its three general outcomes are "PASS", "FAIL", and "PASSED WITH WARNINGS". A "FAIL" probably means the tech settings are wrong. A "PASSED WITH WARNINGS" probably means the recording is either too loud or too soft ... when this is the case, the MP3 can be easily fixed using the MP3GAIN app, which you should also install on your computer. It can be found here... https://mp3gain.en.softonic.com/ Set the Target Normal Volume to 89.0, run a Track Analysis, then if it's not 89, run a Track Gain, and it will adjust your MP3 file to approx 89. Very quick and easy. Now run the adjusted MP3 file through the Checker app again, and the “PASSED WITH WARNINGS” message should be replaced by a “PASS” message.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. :)

Good luck with the test !

Chris
JessiW

Post by JessiW »

Thank you! I'm excited to get started!

I completed the 1 minute test and passed: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=85169

Please let me know if there is anything else you would like me to do.

Thank you,
~Jessica West

"Paths do not only go one way. We choose which direction to take. I refuse to believe that any outside forces can determine the course of my life." - from Illusions of Fate by Kiersten White
Bex314159

Post by Bex314159 »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: December 19th, 2020, 8:24 pm
Bex314159 wrote: December 19th, 2020, 7:52 pm Hello,
This is potentially my first recording. If open: may I sign up for sections 2 and 6 (Where the Pelican Builds and Happy Days)?
Hi Bex31415, and welcome to Librivox! Great to have you aboard.

For the time being, I can reserve you these two poems for one month. This will give you the time to complete your one-minute-test, which we recommend, before you start recording anything in a project.

The test's purpose is to check that your technical settings are all up to LV standard. You can read all about it here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test

Please post the test in the Listeners Wanted forum: viewforum.php?f=21 and someone will check it and give you feedback or advice if needed.

As soon as the test is ok'ed, please post the results back here, and then I can assign you the sections officially. Don't forget to post the Display Name that you would like to have associated with your recordings, assuming it is different from your User Name which is: Bex31415

Chris

P.S. Good choice of "Where The Pelican Builds". This is this poet's most famous and well-known poem.
Hello. Is this the proper way to respond? Please let me know. Sincere apologies in getting back with you. I had some technical issues. I believe I completed the one minute test a bit ago. Would you want me to re-do that test (since I had some computer issues on my end) so I can potentially get those recordings? Or would it be better to find unassigned sections to read?
Bex314159

Post by Bex314159 »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: December 19th, 2020, 8:24 pm
Bex314159 wrote: December 19th, 2020, 7:52 pm Hello,
This is potentially my first recording. If open: may I sign up for sections 2 and 6 (Where the Pelican Builds and Happy Days)?
Hi Bex31415, and welcome to Librivox! Great to have you aboard.

For the time being, I can reserve you these two poems for one month. This will give you the time to complete your one-minute-test, which we recommend, before you start recording anything in a project.

As soon as the test is ok'ed, please post the results back here, and then I can assign you the sections officially. Don't forget to post the Display Name that you would like to have associated with your recordings, assuming it is different from your User Name which is: Bex31415

How would I post the first test being accepted? Do I just include the link? If so: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=84302&p=1824134#top

Chris

P.S. Good choice of "Where The Pelican Builds". This is this poet's most famous and well-known poem.
JessiW

Post by JessiW »

Thank you! I'm excited to get started!

I completed the 1 minute test and passed: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=85169

Please let me know if there is anything else you would like me to do.

Thank you,

SonOfTheExiles wrote: January 26th, 2021, 8:20 pm
JessiW wrote: January 25th, 2021, 2:45 pm Could I claim 36, To the Virgin Mary? This will be my first recording.
Hello, JessiW and welcome to Librivox!

I can reserve this section for you for up to one month. This will give you the time to complete your one-minute-test, which we recommend, before you start recording anything in a project.

As soon as the test is ok'ed, please post the results back here, and then I can assign you the section officially.

A good practice is to install the Checker app on your computer. It is used to check the technical settings of your recordings, including the volume. It can be found here, along with instructions for use... https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Checker Its three general outcomes are "PASS", "FAIL", and "PASSED WITH WARNINGS". A "FAIL" probably means the tech settings are wrong. A "PASSED WITH WARNINGS" probably means the recording is either too loud or too soft ... when this is the case, the MP3 can be easily fixed using the MP3GAIN app, which you should also install on your computer. It can be found here... https://mp3gain.en.softonic.com/ Set the Target Normal Volume to 89.0, run a Track Analysis, then if it's not 89, run a Track Gain, and it will adjust your MP3 file to approx 89. Very quick and easy. Now run the adjusted MP3 file through the Checker app again, and the “PASSED WITH WARNINGS” message should be replaced by a “PASS” message.

Chris
~Jessica West

JessiW

Post by JessiW »

Section 36 - To the Virgin Mary

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/mornalee_36_foott_128kb.mp3

Please let me know if there is anything that I need to work on or change!

Thank you for your time!

Jessica
~Jessica West

SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

JessiW wrote: January 29th, 2021, 3:07 pm Section 36 - To the Virgin Mary

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/mornalee_36_foott_128kb.mp3

Please let me know if there is anything that I need to work on or change!

Thank you for your time!

Jessica
Thanks, Jessica. This has been queued for Proof Listening by our DPL.

Cheers,
Chris
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTIONS - 34, 36

PL OK

Jessi, this recording was perfect. Thank you so much and welcome to librivox. We just need you added as a user so your name can go in there.
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
Kingsnake

Post by Kingsnake »

May I have number 35- The Magi to the Star?
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

afutterer wrote: February 5th, 2021, 11:26 am PL NOTES:

SECTIONS - 34, 36

PL OK

Jessi, this recording was perfect. Thank you so much and welcome to librivox. We just need you added as a user so your name can go in there.
Done.

Chris