[COMPLETE]The Marquis of Lossie, MacDonald-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Wait, no, scratch that! I forgot! When I sat down to record 28, I had already decided to do Scotch Malcolm and London Lenorme, so there is nothing more to backtrack on, and I can really move forward! :clap: Happy dance!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Quick update: Chapters 29 and 30 are recorded. I was about to get 29 edited and uploaded, when I realized that I should probably get as much recording as possible done while I'm in this same space, and that I can then edit away in the new place, after I move. So, I'm still working at this, but you probably won't see any new chapters uploaded until September.
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Sounds like a plan!

All chapters through 28 are PL OK.

Happy recording!
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I recorded chapters 31 and 32 tonight. There's no way I'll be able to record everything before my move. I didn't really expect that I could. I don't think I've ever managed that pace. But I will try to pick it up some.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I have recorded up to chapter 44. If I can average three chapters a day until moving day, I can finish recording the whole book in this space! That feels like a breakneck speed, especially since I still have to work (and pack!) in the meantime, and some of the chapters are lengthy. Still, I've been managing to do a little bit every day this week so far, and I think I can keep it up.
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Wow! You are cruising! But don't hurt yourself over this goal! Moving is a huge deal itself. Are you moving far?
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

No, only about a mile. And we have 5 or 6 days to do it in, so I'm not stressing as much about getting every little last thing packed as I might otherwise.
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Sounds ideal! :thumbs:
~ Hannah
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I'm increasingly confident that I can finish recording before the move. I nearly finished chapter 59 (about two pages to go) before deciding to call it a night, and that one was the longest of the remaining chapters. Most of the rest are much shorter, and I should be able to finish without much difficulty! (Assuming I don't suddenly lose my voice and my neighbors don't have any crazy house parties! :shock: )
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Wow, exciting! Must feel amazing to be so near to completing this step!
~ Hannah
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

And we're done! With the recording, that is. :lol: Finished one day early. So now I can really focus on just the last-minute packing and purging. (We are downsizing, so some of the stuff we've acquired over the last few years has to go!) Tomorrow I can tear down my recording studio, and I don't know how long it will be before I set up the new one. But I will try to begin editing as soon as we are settled.
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Amazing! You did it!!

Now enjoy making a new place a home!
~ Hannah
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Now it's time to start working through that pile of unedited chapters I amassed last month!

Chapter 29 is ready.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

And 30 is also ready!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

31 is also ready.