ZOOM Discussion Thread

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

msfry wrote: December 1st, 2023, 11:39 am Dane Scott, well known voice over coach, has been offering LV'ers free online coaching sessions for awhile. He has agreed to join us this Monday, introduce himself, answer questions, maybe ask for a volunteer. I had a 15 minute session with Dane earlier this year, via Zoom, and it made a difference in the fullness of my audio.
https://www.goldentones.com/
That is fantastic. I took advantage of the 15 minute session as well. He always criticizes very constructively; someone who volunteers has nothing to be afraid of.
Fan of all 80s pop music except Meatloaf.
loon

Post by loon »

msfry wrote: December 1st, 2023, 10:02 am Sounds good, loon.
Let's see who else we can round up to share interesting LV techniques.
Okay, Winnifred, thanks for the heads up.
Attn Michelle -
Sorry, I won't be able to attend the December Zoom. I have a memorial service to attend on Monday.
Rich Brown - Minneapolis, MN
msfry

Post by msfry »

loon wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 6:12 pm I have a memorial service to attend on Monday.
Oops, sorry to hear that. I've also just heard that Mary's husband has suddenly died of a stroke. She is devastated. Let her LV friends send prayers to her and to all who need them.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Sorry to hear Mary's sad news!

We'll be on the road back to California Monday, and without the RV so can't just pullover for the Zoom session. Hope to be more settled soon.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
msfry

Post by msfry »

Settled is good for this homebody, though we've just bought a new house 4.3 miles down the road and will be moving back and forth for the next few months at least. I have no idea where I'll put my mike, either. We'll have to install wi-fi and cable or whatever they do now, so it will be touch and go for awhile.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

My heart hurts for Mary.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
msfry

Post by msfry »

Sorry folks, I have to cancel today's zoom session. I'm closing on a house tomorrow, am rattled by Mary's news, and have been so distracted with packing and planning that I forgot to post notice here or in the Announcement Thread. Perhaps Phil will jump in and call a get-together, or we can reschedule. Dane has agreed to come another day.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

I feel like it's so inadequate to rely on a direct message within LV, but since we don't know each other's actual addresses, I sent MaryinArkansas a private note. Mary, my deepest condolences go out to you. I am sorry for your loss.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
msfry

Post by msfry »

LCaulkins wrote: December 4th, 2023, 9:06 am I feel like it's so inadequate to rely on a direct message within LV, but since we don't know each other's actual addresses, I sent MaryinArkansas a private note. Mary, my deepest condolences go out to you. I am sorry for your loss.
Thank you, Lynette. I know she will appreciate it, though it may be awhile before she has time to respond.
smike

Post by smike »

My heartfelt condolences to Mary! <3
Claudia

So much to do, so little time...
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Hi All
Just wondering if there will be any meet ups over Zoom in the future. I am happy to host if people are still interested in being involved. Let me know your thoughts.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
vviera

Post by vviera »

wib66 wrote: March 4th, 2024, 3:24 am Hi All
Just wondering if there will be any meet ups over Zoom in the future. I am happy to host if people are still interested in being involved. Let me know your thoughts.
I think I would be.
Waiting for a clever signature line to occur to me.

Cheers, VERLA
msfry

Post by msfry »

Please post this in the Discussion Thread. This thread is for announcing meetings. We unlocked it just so various people could post their meeting announcements.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

msfry wrote: March 4th, 2024, 7:34 am
Please post this in the Discussion Thread. This thread is for announcing meetings. We unlocked it just so various people could post their meeting announcements.
Hi Michele sorry if I am missing something but this is the discussion thread.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

There could be one today. Monday March 4th since it is the first monday of the month. But none has been announced that I know of. I am all in favor of random zoom meetings that someone just decides to do then 'announces' in the Announcement thread along with the link. I was thinking of doing one myself.
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk