[FR] FULL: PIANISTS or other instrument players - Chansons et rondes enfantines, Weckerlin - ez

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
chapter11

Post by chapter11 »

Hi, Ezwa - I think I got the files to upload! In one case, it was as simple as changing the spelling so it had no accent on an 'e'. I also re-recorded these using an audio mixer, so I hope they sound a bit better.

i uploaded:

cre_giroflegirofla_weckerlin_128kb.mp3 (24. Girofle, girofla)
cre_guilleri_weckerlin_128kb (25. Guilleri).

In my submissions, I included two recordings of each song. If you'd like me to make an mp3 of one or the other times however many verses there are (I think 14 in one and 8 in the other), please let me know! I started off each recording by counting up to 4 (even though these are not in 4/4). The part with my name + Librivox recording info is at the end of the second recording on each mp3.

Let me know if I can edit any of this to make things easier for you. I hope these work!

I apologize again for the delays. Thank you so much for your patience and the opportunity to work on these.

-chapter11
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Hello,

Mozartjr,
"Il était une bergère" and "Il était un avocat" are PL OK. Sorry for the late response. I haven't been around much on the forums or around this computer in the past few weeks.

chapter11,
No worries for the delay. There are still a few sections without takers so it's not like the project was close to finish. And I have to get to singing myself to finish a few sections. :oops:
Sorry I had missed your last post. "Giroflé girofla" and "Guilleri" are PL OK.
I've renamed your files not to mix them up as I go :
- https://librivox.org/uploads/ezwa/cre_giroflegirofla_weckerlin_piano_128kb.mp3
- https://librivox.org/uploads/ezwa/cre_guilleri_weckerlin_piano_128kb.mp3
I will edit them to get to the appropriate number of verses, no worries about that. And I might tweek "Guilleri" to something like this : https://librivox.org/uploads/ezwa/cre_guilleri_weckerlin_piano_sightlyedited_128kb.mp3

Thank you both for your contributions!
I hope to find some time to get back to recording pretty soon.
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »
Rm 12:12

Envie de lire du dramatique ?
Ryanwill4

Post by Ryanwill4 »

Are drummers allowed to join the fun?
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Hello Ryan,

Sorry for my late reply.
Hmmm... I had not considered drums as the music scores could not be played. What do you have in mind?
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »

kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Can I give piano for section 41 a try?

I'm not sure how good my sound quality might be, but any suggestions you have for recording from a piano, with no studio equipment, would be appreciated.
Krista
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Hello Krista,

Section 41 is yours. :)

I would put my microphone on a stand and make some trial recordings to see at which distance/angle it sounds best. But I've not tried so I hope someone will be able to give you some practical directions for the piano recording.
Ezwa

Boileau

kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Section 41 has been uploaded. Fingers crossed that it's suitable.

https://librivox.org/uploads/ezwa/cre_lamistenlaire_weckerlin_piano_128kb.mp3
3:27
Krista
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Great, Krista! :thumbs:
Out of curiosity, how did you set things up for your recording?

Hopefully, I'll soon have enough energy to organize a spot to record again.
Ezwa

Boileau

kristakz

Post by kristakz »

ezwa wrote: April 25th, 2022, 1:36 pm Great, Krista! :thumbs:
Out of curiosity, how did you set things up for your recording?

Hopefully, I'll soon have enough energy to organize a spot to record again.
I put my phone on the end of the piano, where there's a little ledge beside the lower keys and used Samsung Voice Recorder. That's it. High tech ;)
I was pretty surprised that it actually worked, when I first tried it. Had to amplify my voice for the timing count (I'm sure you could tell - but I figured that's not going into the final so I didn't worry about it), but the notes came through really nicely.
Krista
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

It came out well, indeed. :9:
Ezwa

Boileau

kristakz

Post by kristakz »

ezwa wrote: April 26th, 2022, 1:58 pm It came out well, indeed. :9:
That was fun! Can I do section 31?
Krista
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Hello Krista,

Section 31 is yours. :D
Ezwa

Boileau

kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Piano for Section 31 is here:
https://librivox.org/uploads/ezwa/cre_iletaitunpetithomme_weckerlin_piano_128kb.mp3 3:30

Hopefully I counted the right number of verses :)
Krista
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Thank you, Krista!
I listen to it ASAP.
Ezwa

Boileau

ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Hello Krista,

Sorry for the delay in listening to "Il était un petit homme". "AP" turned out to be longer than I would have expected.
It's great as it is. So it's PL OK for the piano. :-D
Ezwa

Boileau