[COMPLETE] The Rainbow by D.H. Lawrence - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

BrizeCrize wrote: September 2nd, 2020, 12:18 pm Attached is part 1 of chapter three. Run time of 22.24 (if interested, some are, some aren't). I'll soon be starting on the second part of the chapter.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/rainbow_08_lawrence_128kb.mp3

Thanks
Brize
PL OK!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

BrizeCrize wrote: September 2nd, 2020, 4:05 pm Attached is the second part of Chapter three. I hope it's OK, checker says it is, with warnings. so I guess I'll consider myself warned! (I somehow got 'biased' - don't ask!) Let me know if there is any problem with it.
Runtime: 13:08

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/rainbow_09_lawrence_128kb.mp3

Thanks,
Brize
PL OK!

Checker does give that warning, but I can barely hear any 'buzz' in the background. I think all is well.

Section 9 reminds me vividly how how special Lawrence is. He is so intimate sometimes, or indiscreet, that he is both marvelous and awful at the same time.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

BrizeCrize wrote: September 21st, 2020, 3:32 pm Attached is section 13:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/rainbow_13_lawrence_128kb.mp3 (runtime 13:36)

I'd like also to sign up for 26 and 27 (chapter 9)
Thanks,
Brize
PL OK!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

alixsquish wrote: September 24th, 2020, 9:03 am Phew, section 35 is pretty racy! *modestly fans myself off*

Sections 35...

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/rainbow_35_lawrence_128kb.mp3
20:38
PL OK! You seem to be touching your mic and making a slight bumping sound. It's not anything terrible, but perhaps you could watch for it in future. (Or perhaps it's a puff of air on the mic? I'm not sure.)

Yes, a racy section!
alixsquish

Post by alixsquish »

KevinS wrote: September 25th, 2020, 7:04 pm
alixsquish wrote: September 24th, 2020, 9:03 am Phew, section 35 is pretty racy! *modestly fans myself off*

Sections 35...

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/rainbow_35_lawrence_128kb.mp3
20:38
PL OK! You seem to be touching your mic and making a slight bumping sound. It's not anything terrible, but perhaps you could watch for it in future. (Or perhaps it's a puff of air on the mic? I'm not sure.)

Yes, a racy section!
Thanks for the tip Kevin! Pretty sure I wasn't touching it but could perhaps be my foot nudging the table leg maybe... My cat did get involved at one point as well but I think I edited him out so can't hold him totally responsible! :lol:

But thanks, will try and work out what this is for future recordings!
Suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.
Jake the dog
emmaoran

Post by emmaoran »

Hello
I would very much like to record the 6th and 7th part available (Chapter 2 part 2 and chapter 2 part 3 I believe)!
This would be my first recording, so I'll just use my username "emmaoran".
I'd be very glad for a reply and to be able to partake in such an amazing project!
Cordially,
Emma
ChristopherGDQ

Post by ChristopherGDQ »

I volunteer to read section 15 if it has not yet been claimed.
My username is ChristopherGDQ.
shreyasethi

Post by shreyasethi »

ChristopherGDQ wrote: September 27th, 2020, 7:03 pm I volunteer to read section 15 if it has not yet been claimed.
My username is ChristopherGDQ.
Hi thank you so much for claiming the section. I've updated the MW so it's yours. Have fun recording!!!
-SS
shreyasethi

Post by shreyasethi »

emmaoran wrote: September 27th, 2020, 7:01 am Hello
I would very much like to record the 6th and 7th part available (Chapter 2 part 2 and chapter 2 part 3 I believe)!
This would be my first recording, so I'll just use my username "emmaoran".
I'd be very glad for a reply and to be able to partake in such an amazing project!
Cordially,
Emma
Wow thank you so much for claiming!!! It's really amazing to see that you're so into the project, even though the book's not as successful as some of Lawrence's other works, I really liked it, I hope you do too. I've assigned the sections to you, have a great time recording!!!!!
-SS
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

alixsquish wrote: September 24th, 2020, 9:03 am
Section 36:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/rainbow_36_lawrence_128kb.mp3
20:16
PL OK! Another wonderful reading!
LCair6

Post by LCair6 »

Hi there,
I would like to volunteer for Section 19 , Chapter 6 part 5. This will be my first recording for Librivox so don't want to take on too much for the first attempt, see how I get on. I hope that is ok ?
My name is LCair.
many thanks
Lorraine
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

I'm sorry to have to do this, but I'm going to have to let go of section 37. My deadline is coming up, and I'm being plagued with mouth clicks, and the result after all the re-takes and de-clicking is not of a quality I feel good about uploading - especially when this book means so much to me!
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
shreyasethi

Post by shreyasethi »

LCair6 wrote: October 1st, 2020, 12:59 pm Hi there,
I would like to volunteer for Section 19 , Chapter 6 part 5. This will be my first recording for Librivox so don't want to take on too much for the first attempt, see how I get on. I hope that is ok ?
My name is LCair.
many thanks
Lorraine
Hi that would be wonderful!! You can claim more as you go and if you like to. I'm assigning the section to you!!! Have fun.
-SS
shreyasethi

Post by shreyasethi »

Scarbo wrote: October 1st, 2020, 4:52 pm I'm sorry to have to do this, but I'm going to have to let go of section 37. My deadline is coming up, and I'm being plagued with mouth clicks, and the result after all the re-takes and de-clicking is not of a quality I feel good about uploading - especially when this book means so much to me!
Hi!!!
I understand. In case this is only about the deadline, I can extend it, it's really not that big of an issue and if there's more to it than just that, let me know and I'll make the necessary changes. :D
-SS
Howard76

Post by Howard76 »

Hello there,

I'd like to claim Section 23, please.

Many thanks,

Howard