[COMPLETE] Selected Poems from Michelangelo Buonarroti - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Section 39 now ready for a full PL, please.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

This is so exciting! Image
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

TriciaG wrote: December 21st, 2021, 5:02 pm This is so exciting! Image
Finally, right!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Tricia, I'm comfortable with your removing Sections 69 through 136 now. I feel confident I have those recordings saved on my computer.

I'll work on the new summary, too.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

New summary:

Known widely as both a painter and sculptor, Michelangelo Buonarroti was also a talented poet, although he downplayed his poetry's worth. More than 300 poems survive him and the collection presented here is, of course, limited in its breadth, but might be said to be representative of his best work. These poems are rather personal in their nature and may require multiple readings to grasp their full force and significance. The listener will find each poem in its original Italian and then its English translation.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Got it!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I think it would be nice to put the summary in Italian as well. What do you think? If you like the idea...

This is taken from Google Translate. Would someone who knows Italian make sure it's okay?
Conosciuto ampiamente sia come pittore che come scultore, Michelangelo Buonarroti era anche un poeta di talento, sebbene sminuisse il valore della sua poesia. Gli sopravvivono più di 300 poesie e la raccolta qui presentata è, ovviamente, limitata nella sua ampiezza, ma si potrebbe dire che sia rappresentativa della sua opera migliore. Queste poesie sono piuttosto personali nella loro natura e possono richiedere più letture per coglierne tutta la forza e il significato. L'ascoltatore troverà ogni poesia nel suo originale italiano e poi nella sua traduzione in inglese.
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Happy to see the progress! I would suggest adding "(Italian and English)" to the project title. Also, tagging the project as Italian rather than multilingual, while less exact, would make it easier to find. I'll leave it to Emanuela to edit the translation.

Michael
Eysiss

Post by Eysiss »

Conosciuto ampiamente sia come pittore che come scultore, Michelangelo Buonarroti era anche un poeta di talento, sebbene egli stesso sminuisse il valore della sua poesia. Gli sopravvivono più di 300 poesie e la raccolta qui presentata è, ovviamente, limitata nella sua ampiezza, ma si potrebbe dire che sia rappresentativa delle sue opere migliori. Queste poesie sono piuttosto personali nella loro natura e possono richiedere più letture per coglierne tutta la forza e il significato. L'ascoltatore troverà ogni poesia nel suo originale italiano e poi nella sua traduzione in inglese.

Hi everyone.
I just added a couple of things that sound better to me.
sebbene egli stesso sminuisse il valore della sua poesia -> it would be translated although he himself downplayed his poetry's worth (the weight of "his" have to be translated in italian with more enphasis)
che sia rappresentativa delle sue opere migliori -> I put it in plurals, because if we tranlsate -his best work- mantaing the singular, we should have write something like "che sia rappresentativa del suo lavoro migliore"
but "lavoro" in italian is a very general word, it can mean job, work, everything related to "have something to do".

Emanuela
Do. Or do not. There is no try.
Eysiss

Post by Eysiss »

I'm very, very excited to say that
both Section 3 and 39 are Pl Ok!

:clap:

Thank you all !!!
Emanuela
Do. Or do not. There is no try.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Thank you! Thank you!

Very exciting!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I'll add Emanuela's edited blurb, take into account what Michael said, and proceed with cataloging!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/selected-poems-from-michelangelo-buonarroti-italian-and-english/

I did leave it as "Multilingual" because I can't in good conscience put its language as something else. :lol: But I did put the two languages in the title and in the keywords.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

TriciaG wrote: December 22nd, 2021, 2:14 pm This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/selected-poems-from-michelangelo-buonarroti-italian-and-english/

I did leave it as "Multilingual" because I can't in good conscience put its language as something else. :lol: But I did put the two languages in the title and in the keywords.
Thank you so much, Tricia! Most especially for your patience!

And thank you to Iunta4Ios, Eysiss, and Kazbek!