[COMPLETE] Aladdin, or, The Wonderful Lamp-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Shubham000

Post by Shubham000 »

Shubham000 wrote: October 24th, 2020, 6:00 am Can you just explain the start of Zephyr
I'm sorry, but I don't understand this question. What are you having trouble with?
[/quote]

I heard the lypha's lines and she started with singing and them started to read
I want to know how i have to start
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Shubham000 wrote: October 24th, 2020, 7:12 pm I heard the lypha's lines and she started with singing and them started to read
I want to know how i have to start
I see. You don't need to sing. She wasn't required to sing, either, but she chose to. Just read the lines that are ascribed to Zephyr, then scroll down and read the crowd lines. That's it! (Well, except for your voice credit, of course.)
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

The Minstrel act 9

There are two versions here as I could not make up my mind on this. The first one I prefer but I thought it might be too "uptempo" for a minstrel so the second is supposed to be more "minstrely". You can delete the one you don't want.
Both have improvised tunes although I think the first may be based on a traditional hymn :hmm:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aladdin_minstrel1_09.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aladdin_minstrel2_09.mp3
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Doug42

Post by Doug42 »

Here is 'Sinbad' from Act 10 - He appears in three different scenes, all are here in one file - 26 minutes and 48 seconds long.
I hope that the fun I had with the part shows in the recording!

The file is https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aladin_sinbad_10_128kb.mp3.

Happy Listening!
*** Doug
*** Doug F.
"The glass isn't half full, its about to overflow - get me another glass!"
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

mightyfelix wrote: October 13th, 2020, 6:43 pm Act 1:
3:37 Text reads (p. 10): "He is not fit to bear much buffeting." I hear "He is not fear to bear much buffeting."

Act 5:
0:07 Missed your first line, p. 111, beginning: "The same, most mighty Sultan."

You know, I'm almsot disappointed that you had a quiet, off-stage death. I'm sure Morgiana's last words would have been memorable... and many! :lol:
Acts 1 and 5 fixed and reuploaded.
I agree that she had too quiet an exit... :lol:
But really, it's the staple of all young adult stories: How on earth would the youngster be able to go off on adventures if the parents were still around? And with fixed bedtimes to boot!
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Availle wrote: October 29th, 2020, 8:42 pm
mightyfelix wrote: October 13th, 2020, 6:43 pm Act 1:
3:37 Text reads (p. 10): "He is not fit to bear much buffeting." I hear "He is not fear to bear much buffeting."

Act 5:
0:07 Missed your first line, p. 111, beginning: "The same, most mighty Sultan."

You know, I'm almsot disappointed that you had a quiet, off-stage death. I'm sure Morgiana's last words would have been memorable... and many! :lol:
Acts 1 and 5 fixed and reuploaded.
I agree that she had too quiet an exit... :lol:
But really, it's the staple of all young adult stories: How on earth would the youngster be able to go off on adventures if the parents were still around? And with fixed bedtimes to boot!
Both PL ok now, thank you! :D

Oh, she absolutely had to die, I agree. I just wish she could have done it onstage so she could have imparted some dying wisdom. :wink:
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

Here's my final role for this project:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aladdin_ali_02_128kb.mp3 2:31

I look forward to listening to this play when it's complete! I've never appeared as so many different characters in the same play before. :lol:
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Salvationist wrote: October 30th, 2020, 3:37 pm Here's my final role for this project:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aladdin_ali_02_128kb.mp3 2:31

I look forward to listening to this play when it's complete! I've never appeared as so many different characters in the same play before. :lol:
Thank you!

Yes, well, I've never BCed a play that had so many characters in it! Much appreciated!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

alanmapstone wrote: October 26th, 2020, 2:35 am The Minstrel act 9

There are two versions here as I could not make up my mind on this. The first one I prefer but I thought it might be too "uptempo" for a minstrel so the second is supposed to be more "minstrely". You can delete the one you don't want.
Both have improvised tunes although I think the first may be based on a traditional hymn :hmm:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aladdin_minstrel1_09.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aladdin_minstrel2_09.mp3
Thanks, Alan. I'll listen and decide soon.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Doug42 wrote: October 26th, 2020, 8:41 pm Here is 'Sinbad' from Act 10 - He appears in three different scenes, all are here in one file - 26 minutes and 48 seconds long.

The file is https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aladin_sinbad_10_128kb.mp3.

Happy Listening!
*** Doug
Wow, 26 minutes of just this one character! :shock: When this minor character makes a comeback in the final act, he doesn't do it by halves! :lol:

Thanks. I look forward to listening. 8-)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Ali is PL ok! Thanks, David! That will be a fun scene. :)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Doug42 wrote: October 26th, 2020, 8:41 pm Here is 'Sinbad' from Act 10 - He appears in three different scenes, all are here in one file - 26 minutes and 48 seconds long.

Happy Listening!
*** Doug
Thanks so much, Doug! Yes, I can certainly tell that you were getting into your role. :D I can't help hoping that he does get the position of Fool, and really, I think he deserves it, for fetching Aladdin's enemy in disguise, with the help of a wicked ghost! :lol:

There are just a couple of corrections needed. Nothing major. Good work!

0:35 OPTIONAL pronunciation note. This word is "quotha," and is a two-syllable word. I am hearing "quoth," I think. The meaning is understood, I think. I just have a special fondness for the word "quotha." :roll: :lol: Don't ask. But totally up to you to leave it or change it.
2:54 Text here (p. 265) reads "No fear of tumbling ever need perplex us." I hear "No feet of tumbling ever need perplex us." (Especially confusing because the whole conversation is about feet.)
12:38 Insert a space here for stage directions. (After "there must be laics, too.")
17:50 Text (p. 281) reads "...the wild vagaries fancy sometimes plays..." (vay-guh-reez) I hear "vagracies," which, so far as I am aware, is not a word. :hmm:
18:23 Insert a space here for stage directions. (After "good-day!")
21: 14 Insert a space here for stage directions. (After "ghost, I doubt!")
23:15 Text (p. 286) reads "we sons of clay." I hear "we sons of the day." (The "cl" does sort of merge together to look like a "d", but you can tell the difference if you zoom in.)
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I am trying to think of the many potential uses for "quotha" in everyday life....

* "Quotha the Raven nevermore" in a rap version of the Poe poem?
* "Don't quotha me on this" said by a politician?
* "I'm sorry; you have already used up your cell service quotha this month"

I will be thinking of this all day - you have gotten my morning off to a good start.

Thanks, Todd
HelenAnnBowling

Post by HelenAnnBowling »

i am wondering, who am i supposed to send my one minute test recording to? because i recorded it, but i don't know who to send it to.
thanks!
Helen
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

You post it in Listeners Wanted. viewforum.php?f=21

You'll see lots of examples to copy there.

Thanks, Todd