[COMPLETE] Aladdin, or, The Wonderful Lamp-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Act 8 is assembled. If I'm not too tired after work tomorrow, I hope to finish it up then.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Act 8 is uploading!

Two more to go. They both have some rather complex group/chorus lines, which always take longer to put together. Still, I expect to have this project fully done within a month from now, if not sooner!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

ToddHW wrote: January 31st, 2022, 5:49 am Love the start to Act 7: no listener will ever believe that The Sultan, Casem, and the Vizer were not on the same stage recording this together! The lines and their intonation and timing all fit perfectly!

@ 10:04: directions say "speaks softly" - could Zephyr's next two lines be deamplified to reflect this?
@ 23:13: I think Aladdin has already identified "The Spider" and you don't need the stage direction here

Only halfway through - more to come....

EDIT: All the rest fine - just the two comments above. This was quite an act. The rest tell pieces of the story; this really runs you through an emotional wringer! We might have to find more by this guy....

Thanks, Todd
Yes, I think you're right on both of these counts. I wasn't sure about the spider. But yes, it seems to work well. This is after the deathwatch, so it's not as if we aren't used to the idea yet of Aladdin talking to bugs. :wink: So I've made those corrections, and this is uploading as well.

I agree, this play has been really great! Oehlenschlager wrote in Dutch, and I'm not sure how much of his work was translated into English. But it looks as if there are a couple of tragedies and an epic poem at least: https://archive.org/search.php?query=Adam%20Oehlenschl%C3%A4ger&and[]=languageSorter%3A%22English%22&and[]=lending___status%3A%22is_readable%22
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mightyfelix wrote: February 8th, 2022, 8:27 pmOehlenschlager wrote in Dutch, and I'm not sure how much of his work was translated into English.
actually if I'm not mistaken he wrote in Danish, he is an important Danish author.

Tragedies sound good !

Sonia
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Wait, I thought the Danish language was called Dutch? Oh well, I guess I'm just showing my ignorance here! :lol:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mightyfelix wrote: February 9th, 2022, 8:17 am Wait, I thought the Danish language was called Dutch? Oh well, I guess I'm just showing my ignorance here! :lol:
ah ok, no, Dutch is spoken in the Netherlands, but it's their right next-door neighbour, so you weren't far off the mark. :lol: I know, Europe is complicated, every few hundred kilometers there's a border and a new language. Not like in the States. :mrgreen:

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

mightyfelix wrote: February 8th, 2022, 8:10 pm Act 8 is uploading!
Act 8 is PL OK. Very nicely done, even if I had to give up my life within.

Thanks, Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I have just assembled Act 9. Because of some complex and lengthy group lines, I expect it to take a full week at minimum for me to smooth it all out.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Sorry again for the delay. Act 9 is ready, with the exception of the group lines. I hope to get to those on Thursday, but I'm aiming for Saturday at the latest.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Act 9 is almost done, promise!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Going to be brought by the Easter bunny, perhaps?

Thanks, Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

And now at last act 9 is ready for PL! (Didn't even have to wait for the Easter bunny!)
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Downloaded for PL.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Act 9 is PL OK. Nicely done chorus sections, and I like the way you varied which of the voices you used in different verses and choruses.

Almost done!

Thanks, Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Parts are assembled for Act 10. We are getting close. We are getting very close.