[COMPLETE] Aladdin, or, The Wonderful Lamp-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

alanmapstone wrote: February 12th, 2021, 8:50 am The Fairies act 5

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aladdin_thefairies_05.mp3

Chorus still to come :wink:
Thanks, Alan. I'd have preferred these all in one file, though. The fewer windows I have to open when it's time to edit, the better. Can you please combine them, and I'll listen to them all together in one go?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Doug42 wrote: February 7th, 2021, 6:23 pm Here is section 12 - 'Sentinel' and 'Two Others' -
I tried to vary the voices a bit - it seemed to me that each of the 'two others' comes from different spirits.
Anyway, here it is - coming in at 8:40 long :
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aladin_sentinal-two_others_05_128k.mp3

*** Doug F.
Thanks, Doug! This is a great help! There are a couple of spots to correct.

6:22 Text here reads (p. 121): "To Taurus' skyey peak we clomb." Now, I think "skyey" may be a made-up word, or at least one I don't think I've ever seen or read before. In any case, I hear "skry," or something like it. Think you could have another go at this line?
7:55 Text here reads (p. 122): "...among a slavish horde." I hear "...among a lavish horde."
Donzo

Post by Donzo »

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aladdin-selimact1act2.mp3

Here you go, let me know if revisions needed.

Thanks So Much
Donzo

Post by Donzo »

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Donzo wrote: February 14th, 2021, 8:06 am I've submitted act 1 & 2

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aladdin-selimact1act2.mp3
Thank you. Just to confirm, are your lines for both acts included together in this one file? It's better if they're separate. Makes it easier for me to manage when I edit them.

Also, your character appears in acts 1 and 10, not acts 1 and 2. Is that what you meant?
Donzo

Post by Donzo »

Yes I meant 1 and 10, ok will do 10 over and send to you, would that be ok or should I do both over..

Thanks
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Donzo wrote: February 16th, 2021, 10:01 am Yes I meant 1 and 10, ok will do 10 over and send to you, would that be ok or should I do both over..

Thanks
No need to record either of them over again. Just cut the act 10 lines out of the original file and paste them in a new window, then export. :D
Donzo

Post by Donzo »

ok
czandra

Post by czandra »

I'll do second courtier!
I asked my librarian about the noise, and she said, "no one would come here
if they weren't allowed to talk out loud." So I read out loud.

Je lis à haute voix car refléchir fait trop de bruit!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

czandra wrote: February 18th, 2021, 9:08 am I'll do second courtier!
Thank you, you're in! Please take note of the special instructions in the Notes column of the MW. There are a few characters whose voices I am "borrowing," so to speak, for a few group lines as well, so please include those in the same recording. I look forward to hearing it!
czandra

Post by czandra »

I should put all the parts in one recording? Do I identify it as "other" or a string of character names? Should I say "end of second courtier" for example, at the end of each speech?

What's MW stand for - magic window? And PL?

Cz

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

czandra wrote: February 19th, 2021, 6:36 am I should put all the parts in one recording? Do I identify it as "other" or a string of character names? Should I say "end of second courtier" for example, at the end of each speech?

What's MW stand for - magic window? And PL?

Cz
Yes, everything in one recording, please. There's no need to give an introduction or "End of..." anything. The narrator has done that. You should, however, give your voice credit: "Second Courtier, read by [your name]." There's no need to do a voice credit for those extra lines. And then your file name will be aladdin_secondcourtier_09_128kb.

Thanks again for signing up and finishing out our cast!

(Oh yes, and you're right about MW. Sorry for not explaining that. PL is proof listening. :) We use a few other acronyms around here, but those are probably the two most important.)
czandra

Post by czandra »

I went out on a limb here, and actually sang the Caravan song in a sort of stentorian voice! Didn't attempt the elves' dirge, though - too solemn. Will happily re-record if it's too much.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/aladdin_secondcourtier_09_128kb.mp3

Cz

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Aww, I haven't even listened to it yet, but I love that you went to the extra effort! And I hate that I have to ask you to redo it. :( As I mentioned, the Caravan and the Elves are all group lines, so I'll need to layer your voice over a handful of other voices. For that reason, all those group lines need to be spoken, not sung. But I so appreciate you giving it your all!

Hold off on making (or at least uploading) any changes for now. I'll prioritize listening to this one today so that I can let you know if there's anything else that needs to be addressed. Thank you so much!
czandra

Post by czandra »

Can't imagine the software to do such a layering! All paced differently, etc! Will wait. Cz