jennlea

Post by jennlea »

And Chapter 13 is also PL-OK!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

The next section has been uploaded.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Section 15 has been uploaded. Scarier and scarier - why would anyone want a job like that :roll: Also, my all-time beloved English word, "bow", strikes again. I actually had to re-do almost all of the bits where it appeared, as I got the wrong pronunciation.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Chapter 14 is PL-OK!

Should be able to listen to Chapter 15 tomorrow :)
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Chapter 15 is PL-OK!

Seems stage life is definitely not as glamorous as everyone imagines. I did find the part about make-up for the stage very interesting!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Chapter 17 is in.
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Another enjoyable chapter. Thank goodness for the dog!

Chapter 17 is PL-OK!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

The next chapter is in. I tried to read the misspelled words in the letters the way the mistakes make them sound in my mind. After you listen, tell me if that makes sense to you.
I hope to be able to record and submit the last chapter tomorrow.
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

The last chapter is in.
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Chapter 18 is PL-OK!
I thought the letter reading was very well done and effective :clap:

Chapter 19 sounded great though I did find it a sad story. There are just a couple of easy fixes needed for that chapter.

Chapter 19 Note:
-The file is in stereo and checker shows the volume is softer than the 86-92dB required range.
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

jennlea wrote: April 4th, 2022, 8:31 pm
Chapter 19 Note:
-The file is in stereo (...)
That's new :shock: How did that happen? I just opened the track in Audacity and I don't even see any indication that it may be in stereo. If that were the case, shouldn't I be seeing two tracks after opening the file? Also, when I go to the "Tracks" menu, the "Stereo to Mono" option is greyed out, which would suggest that the track is in mono :hmm:

EDIT: I can see now that Checker marks it as stereo. OK, I'll ask around.
EDIT 2: I amplified it, re-converted in to MP3, the "Stereo to Mono" option is greyed-out and I see one track just as before, but Checker still fails it as stereo, although passes it volume-wise :hmm: continues...
Last edited by Piotrek81 on April 5th, 2022, 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

OK, enough edits. It must be getting hard to read :D
I think the most recent upload is OK. I still have no idea what caused the issue, though :hmm:
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Well I don't know how you fixed it but it's now PL-OK! :clap:

I rarely use audacity so I couldn't even have suggested how to to about fixing it.

Thank you asking me to finish PLing this when you adopted this project! I'm so glad you were able to help complete it and I enjoyed listening!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

I can take a look at your various uploads and see if I can tell what was going on with Checker, but meanwhile we need a summary and a few keywords for the catalog. :)
Jo
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Thank you both, Jo and Jenn. :) It was a very eye-opening and interesting project and it definitely taught me a lot, especially given how little I knew about the theatre before launching into this abondoned solo.
Key words have been have as well as an introduction. If you spot any grammatical mistake or weird wording in the latter, let me know.