From OKC, Greetings!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Okmaestra

Post by Okmaestra » July 1st, 2020, 5:11 am

Good morning, all! I have wanted to be involved with this endeavor for many years, but this is the first time there’s been enough time to pursue it.
By way of introduction, I live in Oklahoma City, which is a sprawling metropolis of about one million folks. There are three universities in the metroplex, and I am retiring this year from one of them. I have spent my life as a musician, starting as a collaborative pianist, adding vocal coaching as I grew, and settled into music direction and conducting in the music theatre genre about 30years ago.
I have one child (not really a child anymore, being married two years) who lives in the U.K. I am working on getting a visa to live there as a retired person and bid the USA a fond adieu.
I have always been a voracious reader. I’ll read anything. Seriously. Totally looking forward to perusing the available writings and making a choice.

I’m anxious to get to know this community of literary types.

Mariann Searle

Kazbek

Post by Kazbek » July 3rd, 2020, 5:00 pm

Hello, Mariann and welcome to LibriVox! It's humbling to see someone with so much experience in performing arts join the team. I look forward to your contributions!

Michael