1 Minute Test [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
kathrinee
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by kathrinee » June 24th, 2020, 9:19 pm

Yes, you can do it like this. :) I'm happy to give you the official OK to start recording. You can head over to the Readers Wanted forums and claim a section or two that looks interesting. :thumbs:

I was curious whether I could reduce the background noise. There is a lot less background noise in the very end of the recording, after you finish speaking, not sure why that is. Anyway, I looked for a little bit of "room silence" within the recording and tried the noise reduction in Audacity. This is how to do it: Select a few seconds of background noise only (no speech -- I snipped half a second or so around 00:16) and click Effect | Noise Reduction | Get Profile. Then select the whole recording (Ctrl+A), click Effect | Noise Reduction again, and use settings:

Noise Reduction: 10 dB
Sensitivity: 6
Frequency smoothing (bands) 6

and click OK.
This is how it came out https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test__test_04_lector1_ke.mp3
So I recommend doing that, as well. Please post again if you have any questions, either here or in the Need Advice? Got Help? forum :)
Kathrine
----
I expect to be out of range until Monday August 17. Thank you for your patience!

Lector1

Post by Lector1 » June 26th, 2020, 10:15 am

I will try this. I listened to the recording after you modified it and I had to turn the volume up to 100% to hear the background noise. Thank you!

kathrinee
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by kathrinee » June 26th, 2020, 10:38 am

:thumbs:
Kathrine
----
I expect to be out of range until Monday August 17. Thank you for your patience!