Section 1
- Colby Ball
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

colbyball wrote: December 2nd, 2020, 1:23 pm Section 1
- Colby Ball
Hi Colby,

Welcome to LibriVox! Section 1 is all yours. Please read the first post of this thread carefully.

Please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue.

Also, since this is your first recording, we ask that you send in a 1-minute test recording. This is not an audition, it's just to make sure the sound quality and the recording settings are all right - often things can be improved at the outset that are difficult to fix later. Please go to https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test to find out what to record for your 1-minute test, and how to upload the recording. In the LibriVox Uploader, please select 'tests - tests' from the MC drop-down, and then post your test recording in the Listeners Wanted forum, rather than in this thread - you'll get feedback more quickly there.

Thanks, and have fun!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Moving over to Readers Found....
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
colbyball

Post by colbyball »

m8b1 wrote: December 2nd, 2020, 1:28 pm
colbyball wrote: December 2nd, 2020, 1:23 pm Section 1
- Colby Ball
Hi Colby,

Welcome to LibriVox! Section 1 is all yours. Please read the first post of this thread carefully.

Please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue.

Also, since this is your first recording, we ask that you send in a 1-minute test recording. This is not an audition, it's just to make sure the sound quality and the recording settings are all right - often things can be improved at the outset that are difficult to fix later. Please go to https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test to find out what to record for your 1-minute test, and how to upload the recording. In the LibriVox Uploader, please select 'tests - tests' from the MC drop-down, and then post your test recording in the Listeners Wanted forum, rather than in this thread - you'll get feedback more quickly there.

Thanks, and have fun!
Thank you my name can be "Colby Ball" under the catalogue. I went through the uploaded process and got this link: https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/test_colbyball.mp3 . But I didn't understand on how to post on the tests-tests forum.
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

colbyball wrote: December 4th, 2020, 2:37 pm
Thank you my name can be "Colby Ball" under the catalogue. I went through the uploaded process and got this link: https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/test_colbyball.mp3 . But I didn't understand on how to post on the tests-tests forum.
Hi Colby,

You need to start and post it in a "New Topic" in this forum here: viewforum.php?f=21
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
colbyball

Post by colbyball »

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

colbyball wrote: December 7th, 2020, 12:39 am https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/redrunners_01_hawkins.mp3

Chapter 1
14m 39s

-Colby Ball
Thank you, Colby.

First off, the file is in STEREO and we need it to be in MONO. Also, the volume is too low. Please amplify it by about 8DB.
This is why we ask for you to get an OK on your test before jumping into a longer recording. :-)

There are a few corrections needed to the file.

There are 5 seconds of silence at the beginning, and we ask for it to be no more than 1 second. If you could snip some off, that would be great.
@2:32 there is a stumble "I....I started for home"
@10:32 stumble "Lew....Lew Hunter"
@13:31 stumble "mo...Month ago"
@13:46 there is a repeat "He Clapped"

If you could fix those issues and reupload, that would be great.
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Chapter 23 has been orphaned. If interested, I would like a turnaround of no more than two weeks. (Would like to wrap up the project before the year's end. :-))
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
AngeliqueAnja

Post by AngeliqueAnja »

I can take Chapter 23.

Annie
DR: The Mystery of a Hansom Cab (Readers Wanted)
SOLO The Fairy Latchkey

I am without internet at the moment. Not sure for how long.
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

AngeliqueAnja wrote: December 15th, 2020, 5:50 pm I can take Chapter 23.

Annie
Great! Thank you, Annie!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
AngeliqueAnja

Post by AngeliqueAnja »

Hi, here's Chapter 23 for you: https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/redrunners_23_hawkins_128kb.mp3

We have a building site very close by our house, they are incessant on their noise from early morning and I've tried my hardest to make sure that there are no sounds from it, especially in the empty spaces, but let me know if I've missed any behind the spoken words. I think I caught them all.

Annie
DR: The Mystery of a Hansom Cab (Readers Wanted)
SOLO The Fairy Latchkey

I am without internet at the moment. Not sure for how long.
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

AngeliqueAnja wrote: December 16th, 2020, 1:49 pm Hi, here's Chapter 23 for you: https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/redrunners_23_hawkins_128kb.mp3

We have a building site very close by our house, they are incessant on their noise from early morning and I've tried my hardest to make sure that there are no sounds from it, especially in the empty spaces, but let me know if I've missed any behind the spoken words. I think I caught them all.

Annie
Thank you, Annie! It sounds good ~ I may have heard one faint noise once, but it was really, really faint. :mrgreen:

It is PL OK!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

And the last 2 chapters have been orphaned - 31 and 32. Again, I would like to get the book cataloged before the end of the year, so asking for no more than a two week turnaround if anyone is interested in one or both.
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
awijewee

Post by awijewee »

Hello, I can take the last two chapters!
awijewee

Post by awijewee »

m8b1 wrote: December 16th, 2020, 5:30 pm And the last 2 chapters have been orphaned - 31 and 32. Again, I would like to get the book cataloged before the end of the year, so asking for no more than a two week turnaround if anyone is interested in one or both.
I can take the last two chapters!