Complete [GROUP] Walnut Growing in Oregon by Jacob Calvin Cooper-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill
Posts: 14040
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » May 30th, 2020, 9:29 pm

johnb2 wrote:
May 30th, 2020, 10:04 am
Hi Amy and Larry

Section 11 Please:

THE HARVEST
WASHING AND DRYING
SORTING AND GRADING
PACKING AND SHIPPING
WALNUT YIELD PER ACRE
THE WALNUT MARKET
COMPARED WITH FRUIT
THE POUND PACKAGE


is that right?
Right - a lot of short bits that I've packaged together for this section.
Thanks

And Section 10 is up for PL. :thumbs:
~Larry

johnb2
Posts: 1641
Joined: September 10th, 2011, 9:41 am
Location: Ohio

Post by johnb2 » May 31st, 2020, 11:03 am

Hi Larry and Amy

Section 11 @ 10:15

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/walnutgrowing_11_cooper_128kb.mp3

I think I will go out and get some walnuts from Oregon. Bye

silverquill
Posts: 14040
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » May 31st, 2020, 12:15 pm

johnb2 wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 11:03 am
Hi Larry and Amy

Section 11 @ 10:15

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/walnutgrowing_11_cooper_128kb.mp3

I think I will go out and get some walnuts from Oregon. Bye
Thank you so much!
Ready for PL
~Larry

alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8783
Joined: January 23rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Location: Northern Maine

Post by alg1001 » June 2nd, 2020, 6:42 am

Sections 10 and 11 are great, John. PL OK :thumbs:
Thanks!
-Amy

vvocelli
Posts: 227
Joined: March 10th, 2020, 9:25 am
Location: Virginia

Post by vvocelli » June 3rd, 2020, 1:10 pm

Ready for PL:

Section 7 - 8:44 https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/walnutgrowing_07_cooper_128kb.mp3

Larry, Can I also claim section 12 ("Walnut Confectionery.."

silverquill
Posts: 14040
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » June 3rd, 2020, 9:48 pm

vvocelli wrote:
June 3rd, 2020, 1:10 pm
Ready for PL:

Section 7 - 8:44 https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/walnutgrowing_07_cooper_128kb.mp3

Larry, Can I also claim section 12 ("Walnut Confectionery.."
Thank you, and you've got 12! :thumbs:
~Larry

vvocelli
Posts: 227
Joined: March 10th, 2020, 9:25 am
Location: Virginia

Post by vvocelli » June 4th, 2020, 1:03 pm

I'll claim the last 2 sections as well - 3 & 8 please. :)

alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8783
Joined: January 23rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Location: Northern Maine

Post by alg1001 » June 4th, 2020, 6:32 pm

Section 7 is PL OK, Valentina. This is so interesting! :thumbs:

silverquill
Posts: 14040
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » June 5th, 2020, 10:25 pm

Here are the opening and ending chapters.

Over optimistic about the walnut industry in general, I think, and California overshadows the rest of the country in walnut production, but there is still a thriving industry in Oregon. McMinville is better known for its vineyards these days.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/walnutgrowing_01_cooper_128kb.mp3 6:13
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/walnutgrowing_13_cooper_128kb.mp3 8:12
~Larry

julianpratley
Posts: 550
Joined: February 5th, 2020, 6:11 pm
Location: Canberra, Australia

Post by julianpratley » June 6th, 2020, 6:22 pm

A history of walnut growing for your listening pleasure :)
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/walnutgrowing_02_cooper_128kb.mp3 (5:49)
“It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.”
― Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent

silverquill
Posts: 14040
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » June 6th, 2020, 8:14 pm

julianpratley wrote:
June 6th, 2020, 6:22 pm
A history of walnut growing for your listening pleasure :)
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/walnutgrowing_02_cooper_128kb.mp3 (5:49)
Thank you!
Ready for PL
~Larry

silverquill
Posts: 14040
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » June 6th, 2020, 8:15 pm

vvocelli wrote:
June 4th, 2020, 1:03 pm
I'll claim the last 2 sections as well - 3 & 8 please. :)
Saw this, but get to updeat earlier.

Glad you are enjoying Oregon walnuts. :wink:
~Larry

alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8783
Joined: January 23rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Location: Northern Maine

Post by alg1001 » June 7th, 2020, 7:00 am

silverquill wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 10:25 pm
Here are the opening and ending chapters.

Over optimistic about the walnut industry in general, I think, and California overshadows the rest of the country in walnut production, but there is still a thriving industry in Oregon. McMinville is better known for its vineyards these days.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/walnutgrowing_01_cooper_128kb.mp3 6:13
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/walnutgrowing_13_cooper_128kb.mp3 8:12
Sections 01 and 13 are PL OK. :thumbs:
I wonder how cold it got in the winter of 1908-1909. I bet our May this year in the County was colder.
Cheers,
Amy

p.s. I moved you to Readers Found.

alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8783
Joined: January 23rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Location: Northern Maine

Post by alg1001 » June 7th, 2020, 7:01 am

julianpratley wrote:
June 6th, 2020, 6:22 pm
A history of walnut growing for your listening pleasure :)
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/walnutgrowing_02_cooper_128kb.mp3 (5:49)
It was a pleasure, Julian! I don't think I've heard you before.
PL OK :thumbs:
Cheers,
-Amy

vvocelli
Posts: 227
Joined: March 10th, 2020, 9:25 am
Location: Virginia

Post by vvocelli » June 8th, 2020, 4:49 am

Ready for PL:

Section 3 - 8:09 https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/walnutgrowing_03_cooper_128kb.mp3
Section 12 - 8:48 https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/walnutgrowing_12_cooper_128kb.mp3

In 12 - There were a couple of text typos "Ferd Groner" which I changed to Fred since he's referenced in other sections as Fred.

Post Reply