Greetings from London, UK :)

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
bookwarm

Post by bookwarm »

Hi Everyone,

I first came across LibriVox a few years ago, when browsing audiobook apps, but was too busy to volunteer then. Ever since wanted to give it a go, though. What gave me that final push was recently listening to Derek Perkins's fantastic reading of the fascinating popular science trilogy by Yuval Noah Harari. If only I could be half as good as Derek one day! (Slim chance to reach the intellectual heights of Yuval any time soon.) :lol:
English is not my native language, and it's probably next to impossible to get rid of the accent entirely, but I am aiming to get better and better with practice.
LibriVox is a great initiative by selfless people providing a broad and rich listening experience to the public for free and I am excited to join the ranks. Thank you for having me.

Best regards,
Jo
Last edited by bookwarm on September 21st, 2022, 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Hi, Jo! We welcome accents around here, so you're more than welcome to bring your voice to our English projects. Of course, it would be great to add more Polish titles to our catalog, if you'd like to read something in your first language as well.

Michael
bookwarm

Post by bookwarm »

Kazbek wrote: May 20th, 2020, 6:13 pm Hi, Jo! We welcome accents around here, so you're more than welcome to bring your voice to our English projects. Of course, it would be great to add more Polish titles to our catalog, if you'd like to read something in your first language as well.

Michael
Hi Michael,

Thank you for the encouragement! I definitely want to try reading in both languages. My 1-minute test just got a green light, so I'm ready to dive right in. :D