OPEN Play - The Show Off by George Kelly - rap

Plays and other dramatic works
wib66

Post by wib66 » July 29th, 2020, 2:57 pm

Kalamareader wrote:
July 29th, 2020, 1:51 pm
Hi,

Here is Rogers: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/showoff_rogers_03_128kb.mp3

Time: 5:40

Wayne
Thank you for your section
Michele

Glad to be back.
It's much better to do good in a way that no one knows anything about it. From Anna Karenina

wib66

Post by wib66 » July 31st, 2020, 2:58 am

PL Notes for Rogers act 3

The first line is missing

Now will you just sign that Mrs Fisher, Right on that line there.

If you could add that to the beginning of the file and reupload using the same filename that would be great thanks
Michele

Glad to be back.
It's much better to do good in a way that no one knows anything about it. From Anna Karenina

Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader » July 31st, 2020, 3:01 pm

wib66 wrote:
July 31st, 2020, 2:58 am

If you could add that to the beginning of the file and reupload using the same filename that would be great thanks
I can't believe that I missed that line. How can someone miss his line when it is the first line of a scene?! At least this is a little more forgiving than live theater. One play that I was in, I was to come down the stairs hiding something behind my back that two or three lines into the scene I was to give to the other character. We put on this play for two nights and both nights I forgot to get the prop before going down the stairs and had to ad lib a couple of lines like "Connie, I have something upstairs for you", then had to hobble up the stairs ( I was a very old man) and get it for her. You would think that after messing it up in the first performance, I would have figured it out and remembered in the second. DUH!! :roll: :shock: :hmm: :cry:

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/showoff_rogers_03_128kb.mp3

Wayne
Wayne
Food may be the best fuel for the machine, but where life's wheels grate dry, happiness is a good oil. -J. Arthur Thomson

wib66

Post by wib66 » July 31st, 2020, 3:16 pm

Kalamareader wrote:
July 31st, 2020, 3:01 pm
wib66 wrote:
July 31st, 2020, 2:58 am

I can't believe that I missed that line. How can someone miss his line when it is the first line of a scene?! At least this is a little more forgiving than live theater. One play that I was in, I was to come down the stairs hiding something behind my back that two or three lines into the scene I was to give to the other character. We put on this play for two nights and both nights I forgot to get the prop before going down the stairs and had to ad lib a couple of lines like "Connie, I have something upstairs for you", then had to hobble up the stairs ( I was a very old man) and get it for her. You would think that after messing it up in the first performance, I would have figured it out and remembered in the second. DUH!! :roll: :shock: :hmm: :cry:

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/showoff_rogers_03_128kb.mp3

Wayne
Thanks for that it is now PL OK. That made me laugh about the prop :lol:
Michele

Glad to be back.

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina » July 31st, 2020, 5:15 pm

Kalamareader wrote:
July 31st, 2020, 3:01 pm
We put on this play for two nights and both nights I forgot to get the prop before going down the stairs
You had to be consistent in your performance of course :mrgreen: