[Complete] A House Divided Against Itself by Margaret Oliphant - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

AnaNaumoska wrote: July 26th, 2020, 11:20 am
Penumbra wrote: July 26th, 2020, 8:01 am Chapter 2:

I have a few items for your consideration:

00:00 LV wants a silent period at the start of about 0.5 to 1.0 seconds. This file has about 0.2 seconds of silence.
17:08 I heard "I have been at dance in my life" and expected "I have never been at a dance in my life"

There are occasional popping sounds (probably plosives) throughout the recording (for example, at the start of the word "Chapter" at the beginning of the recording). They are easy to hear in headphones, not so obvious in a computer speaker. I'm not asking you to fix them in this recording, just be aware it is happening and you might want to make some slight adjustment to your setup to eliminate them in the future.
I was going to say that the "dance" part didn't seem very logical :lol: So that was wrong... I addressed these and here's the new version:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/housedivided_02_oliphant_128kb.mp3 at 26:21 minutes
Thank you for the advice regarding the plosives. If they interfere too much, I can re-record the section. :hmm:
Thank you
Penumbra

Post by Penumbra »

Chapter 3: I have two items for your consideration:

17:02 I heard "your poor papa has been much tired" and expected "your poor papa has been much tried"
18:35 I heard "some little relevation" and expected "some little revelation"

Thank you.
Tom Penn
Penumbra

Post by Penumbra »

Chapter 2 is PL OK! :clap:

Thank you!
Tom Penn
AnaNaumoska

Post by AnaNaumoska »

Penumbra wrote: July 26th, 2020, 1:14 pm Chapter 3: I have two items for your consideration:

17:02 I heard "your poor papa has been much tired" and expected "your poor papa has been much tried"
18:35 I heard "some little relevation" and expected "some little revelation"

Thank you.

Here's the updated version:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/housedivided_03_oliphant_128bb.mp3 at 21:10.

Cheers,
Ana :mrgreen:

salus populi suprema lex
Penumbra

Post by Penumbra »

Chapter 3 is PL OK! :clap:

And with that the book is complete! :thumbs: Thank you everyone for your participation in this project. Lynne will add it to the catalog in a couple of weeks.

Lynne: the chapter 3 file name is not quite right (128bb instead of 128kb) but I think it is simple for you to fix, yes? If not I can have Ana reupload it.
Tom Penn
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Penumbra wrote: July 27th, 2020, 10:58 am Chapter 3 is PL OK! :clap:

And with that the book is complete! :thumbs: Thank you everyone for your participation in this project. Lynne will add it to the catalog in a couple of weeks.

Lynne: the chapter 3 file name is not quite right (128bb instead of 128kb) but I think it is simple for you to fix, yes? If not I can have Ana reupload it.
I am traveling for the next 10 days or so (daughter is getting married) but when I get home I can fix the file name and catalog the project. Good job, everyone!
AnaNaumoska

Post by AnaNaumoska »

My goodness, how nervous does this Constance girl make me! :lol:
Ana :mrgreen:

salus populi suprema lex
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/a-house-divided-against-itself-by-margaret-o-oliphant/

Thank you, everyone!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: