[Complete] A House Divided Against Itself by Margaret Oliphant - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
katbrat
Posts: 51
Joined: May 28th, 2020, 6:23 am

Post by katbrat » July 18th, 2020, 10:35 am

Kat

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20151
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » July 18th, 2020, 11:21 am

katbrat wrote:
July 18th, 2020, 10:35 am
Chapter XLIII

26:51

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/housedivided_43_oliphant_128kb.mp3
Thank you

katbrat
Posts: 51
Joined: May 28th, 2020, 6:23 am

Post by katbrat » July 18th, 2020, 12:59 pm

Chapter XLIV

29:45

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/housedivided_44_oliphant_128kb.mp3

It has been a pleasure to have the opportunity to read and record these chapters! Thank you.
Kat

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20151
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » July 18th, 2020, 1:39 pm

katbrat wrote:
July 18th, 2020, 12:59 pm
Chapter XLIV

29:45

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/housedivided_44_oliphant_128kb.mp3

It has been a pleasure to have the opportunity to read and record these chapters! Thank you.
Thank you.
Look forward to seeing you in other projects!

Penumbra
Posts: 1174
Joined: May 10th, 2016, 6:16 pm

Post by Penumbra » July 19th, 2020, 2:54 pm

Chapter 41 is PL OK! :clap:
Chapter 43 is PL OK! :clap:
Chapter 44 is PL OK! :clap:

Thank you!
Tom Penn

shellbellinnes
Posts: 20
Joined: June 4th, 2020, 8:51 am
Location: Glasgow, Scotland

Post by shellbellinnes » July 22nd, 2020, 4:21 am

Hi Lynnet

I was going to try to do Chapters 2 and 3 of a House Divided but my work has picked up recently and I don't have the time to do it anymore.

I'll check again when things quieten down but in the meantime, perhaps someone else would want to give them a go.

Again, sorry.

Shelly x
Everything that needs to be said has already been said. But since no one was listening, Everything must be said again.

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20151
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » July 22nd, 2020, 7:21 am

shellbellinnes wrote:
July 22nd, 2020, 4:21 am
Hi Lynnet

I was going to try to do Chapters 2 and 3 of a House Divided but my work has picked up recently and I don't have the time to do it anymore.

I'll check again when things quieten down but in the meantime, perhaps someone else would want to give them a go.

Again, sorry.

Shelly x
Thanks for letting me know

AnaNaumoska
Posts: 115
Joined: June 17th, 2020, 3:57 am
Location: Struga, North Macedonia

Post by AnaNaumoska » July 23rd, 2020, 10:58 am

I can give 2 and 3 a try. :wink:
Ana :mrgreen:


salus populi suprema lex

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20151
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » July 23rd, 2020, 11:11 am

AnaNaumoska wrote:
July 23rd, 2020, 10:58 am
I can give 2 and 3 a try. :wink:
Great!

AnaNaumoska
Posts: 115
Joined: June 17th, 2020, 3:57 am
Location: Struga, North Macedonia

Post by AnaNaumoska » July 24th, 2020, 9:13 am

#2 is ready for PL!
The duration is 26:19 minutes.


https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/housedivided_02_oliphant_128kb.mp3


Let me know if it needs any corrections :hmm:
Ana :mrgreen:


salus populi suprema lex

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20151
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » July 24th, 2020, 9:32 am

AnaNaumoska wrote:
July 24th, 2020, 9:13 am
#2 is ready for PL!
The duration is 26:19 minutes.


https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/housedivided_02_oliphant_128kb.mp3


Let me know if it needs any corrections :hmm:
Thank you

AnaNaumoska
Posts: 115
Joined: June 17th, 2020, 3:57 am
Location: Struga, North Macedonia

Post by AnaNaumoska » July 25th, 2020, 10:59 am

Ana :mrgreen:


salus populi suprema lex

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20151
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » July 25th, 2020, 2:27 pm

Thank you

Penumbra
Posts: 1174
Joined: May 10th, 2016, 6:16 pm

Post by Penumbra » July 26th, 2020, 8:01 am

Chapter 2:

I have a few items for your consideration:

00:00 LV wants a silent period at the start of about 0.5 to 1.0 seconds. This file has about 0.2 seconds of silence.
17:08 I heard "I have been at dance in my life" and expected "I have never been at a dance in my life"

There are occasional popping sounds (probably plosives) throughout the recording (for example, at the start of the word "Chapter" at the beginning of the recording). They are easy to hear in headphones, not so obvious in a computer speaker. I'm not asking you to fix them in this recording, just be aware it is happening and you might want to make some slight adjustment to your setup to eliminate them in the future.
Tom Penn

AnaNaumoska
Posts: 115
Joined: June 17th, 2020, 3:57 am
Location: Struga, North Macedonia

Post by AnaNaumoska » July 26th, 2020, 11:20 am

Penumbra wrote:
July 26th, 2020, 8:01 am
Chapter 2:

I have a few items for your consideration:

00:00 LV wants a silent period at the start of about 0.5 to 1.0 seconds. This file has about 0.2 seconds of silence.
17:08 I heard "I have been at dance in my life" and expected "I have never been at a dance in my life"

There are occasional popping sounds (probably plosives) throughout the recording (for example, at the start of the word "Chapter" at the beginning of the recording). They are easy to hear in headphones, not so obvious in a computer speaker. I'm not asking you to fix them in this recording, just be aware it is happening and you might want to make some slight adjustment to your setup to eliminate them in the future.
I was going to say that the "dance" part didn't seem very logical :lol: So that was wrong... I addressed these and here's the new version:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/housedivided_02_oliphant_128kb.mp3 at 26:21 minutes
Thank you for the advice regarding the plosives. If they interfere too much, I can re-record the section. :hmm:
Ana :mrgreen:


salus populi suprema lex

Post Reply