[COMPLETE] [DramReading] The Story Girl by L. M. Montgomery - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
benderca

Post by benderca »

Thanks, Lydia!
No, Sara is not in Chapter 13. I've made that correction. I also updated Sara Ray's chapter list - please take a look at the Magic Window.
Last edited by benderca on April 14th, 2020, 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
benderca

Post by benderca »

Sara Ray Ch 4 Ch 6 Ch 8 Ch 9 Ch 10 Ch 14 Ch 15 Ch 16 are all PL OK.

I love your portrayal of Sara, Lydia! And fantastic crying! You've got much more of that to come... and some screaming... and fainting... but, after listening to these chapters, I know you're up to it! :D

Note: Chapter 4 has a bit too much background noise for my taste. You don't need to do anything with it, though, because it's just one line, but I just wanted to ask if you noise clean your files. The other chapters sound good. Thanks!
Last edited by benderca on April 14th, 2020, 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
benderca

Post by benderca »

benderca wrote: April 11th, 2020, 7:23 am
julianpratley wrote: April 6th, 2020, 6:18 pm
TJ - I always noise clean my recordings and I couldn't hear any buzzing in these when I uploaded them. I had a listen back through speaker (rather than headphones) and could hear it quite clearly - not sure what the difference is but maybe that's what I should do in future. Hopefully these are ok now.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storygirl_peter_03_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storygirl_peter_04_128kb.mp3
Thanks, Julian!

Sounds like you have some super background-noise-filtering headphones! Maybe they're just too good... :lol:

I'll take a listen.
TJ
Peter, Chapters 3, 4, & 5 all PL OK. It sounds great! Thanks, Julian!
benderca

Post by benderca »

alanmapstone wrote: April 11th, 2020, 4:03 am Uncle Alec chapter 25

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storygirl_unclealec_25_128kb.mp3
Thanks, Alan! Wonderful sermons and stories! I love your laugh.

Uncle Alec, Chapter 25 is PL OK. :clap:
benderca

Post by benderca »

Thanks, Sparkles!

You really capture Aunt Janet's matter-of-fact, no-nonsense style! Well done! Chapters 1 & 6 are PL OK.

In Chapter 11, you seem to fade in 2 times:

0:17-19 "You'll do nothing of the sort,"

0:29-31 "I wouldn't SAY anything,"

I probably can work with this when I edit, but I would have to tweak the volume to get an even tone. I'm wondering if you did this on purpose or if you possibly have some settings wrong?
tashakim4713

Post by tashakim4713 »

benderca wrote: April 14th, 2020, 1:09 pm
tashakim4713 wrote: April 14th, 2020, 5:35 am Hello,

My name is Tasha and I would like to read for the role of Mrs. MacLaren

Any additional information is appreciated
Thanks, Tasha! Welcome aboard!

I see this is your first Librivox project. We need to set you up a profile page, so please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

When recording, start your recording with "Mrs. MacLaren, The Housekeeper, read by... ." Please read only your lines and leave about 3 seconds in between each of your lines. You are only in Chapter 1 in this project, see link in the magic window, but in future parts, please record each chapter in a separate file.

Thanks, TJ
Hi TJ,

Thanks for your help! I would like to be referred to by my username: Tashakim4713

Thanks again,
Tasha
Sparkles

Post by Sparkles »

benderca wrote: April 14th, 2020, 3:19 pm
Thanks, Sparkles!

You really capture Aunt Janet's matter-of-fact, no-nonsense style! Well done! Chapters 1 & 6 are PL OK.

In Chapter 11, you seem to fade in 2 times:

0:17-19 "You'll do nothing of the sort,"

0:29-31 "I wouldn't SAY anything,"

I probably can work with this when I edit, but I would have to tweak the volume to get an even tone. I'm wondering if you did this on purpose or if you possibly have some settings wrong?
That's not intentional, but I'm certain it's not any setting issues. Would you like me to re-record these lines?
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

May I read Aunt Olivia?
benderca

Post by benderca »

MrsHand wrote: April 15th, 2020, 7:36 pm May I read Aunt Olivia?
Great! Thanks, Kristin.
tashakim4713

Post by tashakim4713 »

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storygirl_[Mrs._McLaren]_[#1]_128kb_.mp3

Here is Mrs. McLaren.

This is my first time on Librivox so constructive criticism is more than welcome.
julianpratley

Post by julianpratley »

“It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.”
― Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent
benderca

Post by benderca »

tashakim4713 wrote: April 16th, 2020, 2:49 am https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storygirl_[Mrs._McLaren]_[#1]_128kb_.mp3

Here is Mrs. McLaren.

This is my first time on Librivox so constructive criticism is more than welcome.
Hi Tasha!

Great first recording. I do have some notes. First of all your link above is not complete -- if you click it, you'll notice it does not link to anything. I was able to find your recording among the files, however, so I can give you feedback.

The title should be: storygirl_mrsmclaren_01_128kb.mp3 (all small letters, no brackets, no number sign, and no underscore before your final .mp3) and when you upload it here, it will be:
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storygirl_mrsmclaren_01_128kb.mp3

Next, your recording settings are not correct.

The bit rate should be 128kbps - and yours is 63 kbps (variable).

The recording should use a constant bit rate rather than a variable bit rate.

Your volume is 68.2 dB, which falls outside of the target range of 86-92 dB.

I advise you to download the program "Checker 0.96", so that you can check your own files before uploading them. Here is a link to explain:
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Checker

Now to the text.

You don't need to say the title "The Story Girl" or "character" or "Chapter 1" at the beginning. Just start right off with:

"Mrs. MacLaren, The Housekeeper, read by Tashakim4713." (I would like you to include "the housekeeper" please).

You only need to submit one version of each line. Pick the version you like the best. I like them all (especially the last one), but you'll probably need to re-record because of your recording settings.

You left out "while you're winking" in all your takes:

"The fat one isn't so bad. He isn't so quick to move and get out of your sight while you're winking as the thin one."

And you left out your last two lines:
"The fat one"
and
would soon be as broad as he was long.

Thanks so much! And welcome to Librivox!
TJ
benderca

Post by benderca »

Thanks, Kristin! :D