[COMPLETE] [DramReading] The Story Girl by L. M. Montgomery - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
benderca

Post by benderca »

TriciaG wrote: February 1st, 2022, 5:19 pm One last confirmation before I start some cataloging preliminaries: it's now OK to delete all the part sections from the MW, correct?
Correct - the chapters are all complete and PL OK. I will have the summary/blurb posted in a day or two. I have several versions. You'd think after all the time I've spent on this project that it would flow off easily -- but I've had a bit of a writer's block. I want the blurb to be as captivating as this finished project has turned out to be (impossible, I know :wink: ).
benderca

Post by benderca »

The Story Girl by L.M. Montgomery (1874 - 1942).

Carlisle on St. Edwards Island may appear to the outside world to be a quiet, rural farming town, but to a group of 8 teens and tweens, its forests, fields, and orchards are places of enchantment, wonder, and adventure!

The Story Girl’s captivating tales toss Bev, Felix, Cecily, Felicity, Dan, Peter, Sara, and the Story Girl into mystical, magical, and spiritual worlds filled with princesses, sailors, mythological beings, and cosmological loves. The children find themselves running through ancient forests, shooting with the stars, sailing with treasure hunters, crossing rainbows with gods, spooking alongside the family ghosts, and discovering loves lost, loves found, and loves eternal. Through their real-life adventures, conflicts, and crises, the children struggle to find their voices, figure out who they are, and discover their place in the world – all while developing lasting bonds of friendship and love, during the mystical, magical, mesmerizing adventure of growing up. (Summary by TJ Burns).
Here is my summary. I updated the first post on page 1 to include this, but I thought I'd post it here too - to avoid confusion.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Okay, great! I'll work on cataloging. 8-)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-story-girl-dramatic-reading-by-lucy-maud-montgomery/

Please check over the catalog page and make sure everything looks okay. :)
benderca

Post by benderca »

TriciaG wrote: February 3rd, 2022, 8:53 am This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-story-girl-dramatic-reading-by-lucy-maud-montgomery/

Please check over the catalog page and make sure everything looks okay. :)
Yay! That was quick! Fantastic!

Tricia, would it be possible to put a cast list with links back to our personal Librivox pages on the archive pages?

Like they did here:
https://archive.org/details/rebeccaofsunnybrookfarm_1905_librivox
and here:
https://archive.org/details/newchroniclesofrebecca2_2104_librivox
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

It's possible, but I don't do it. The description says "for reader information.... visit the LV catalog page". We don't list all the readers for regular group projects, so I dislike listing them for DR/DWs.

But if you insist, I'll put it in.
benderca

Post by benderca »

TriciaG wrote: February 3rd, 2022, 9:54 am It's possible, but I don't do it. The description says "for reader information.... visit the LV catalog page". We don't list all the readers for regular group projects, so I dislike listing them for DR/DWs.

But if you insist, I'll put it in.
I'd really like it. It makes it much easier to do a search on Archive. And it's a nice touch for the readers to be credited. Some people will just listen online from Archive.org and then they can easily see the readers names. :D
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

OK, I've put it in the description.
benderca

Post by benderca »

TriciaG wrote: February 3rd, 2022, 10:12 am OK, I've put it in the description.
Thanks for humoring me... :lol:
You're a gem among the stones, Tricia! Thanks for your support! :clap:

AND THANKS TO THE CAST AND CREW FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK IN MY VERY FIRST DRAMATIC READING PROJECT! :clap: :clap: :clap:
benderca

Post by benderca »

Now I just need to upload the cover. Have I understood correctly that you have already pre-claimed it for me? I didn't see it on the claims list.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

The claims list updates every couple hours, so it may not be up there yet. You can go ahead and upload the cover at any time now that it's cataloged; it doesn't have to show up on the list first.