1 Minute Test [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
Lynette

Post by Lynette » March 26th, 2020, 9:11 pm

I am using a Bash script front-end for ecasound on a Linux machine and an analog mic. Sorry to be such an odd one out.

I do know my way around audio though, and I'm not afraid of technical jargon so if there is a problem don't worry about trying to give me a tutorial.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_lynette.mp3

Thanks!
--Lynette Morris

A book is as dangerous as any journey you might take. The person who closes the back cover may not be the same one that opened the front one. Treat them with respect. -- Mark Lawrence

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » March 27th, 2020, 5:39 am

Wow - I have no idea what you said in the first sentence. LOL! Well, OK, I understand part of it. ;)

It sounds great! The volume is a tad high - clocks in at 92.6, and we aim for 89 with a little leeway.

This isn't the end of the world, so since you're not clipping, I'm going to mark it off as OK. Have fun! :thumbs:
Mystery stories: The Master of Mysteries
Kerner Report on 1967 race riots: LINK
Mussolini's speeches thru 1923: LINK
Samuel Smiles Self-Help: Character
Family history: The Medici, Vol. 2

Lynette

Post by Lynette » March 27th, 2020, 2:55 pm

Thanks! I'll aim just a bit lower in the future.
--Lynette Morris

A book is as dangerous as any journey you might take. The person who closes the back cover may not be the same one that opened the front one. Treat them with respect. -- Mark Lawrence