1 minute test [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
halexraynal

Post by halexraynal » March 26th, 2020, 10:51 am

Hi there, I'm a new reader and hoping to contribute in Spanish. Here's my 1 minute test: https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_halexraynal.mp3.

kathrinee
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by kathrinee » March 26th, 2020, 1:32 pm

Welcome to LibriVox, and thank you for the test!

What a nice, clear voice you have :thumbs:

A few things to fix:
- Your volume is a bit too low. You should aim for your wave forms (not the plosive spikes ;)) to peak near the 0.5 mark, like this:

You can amplify it on your computer. If you use Audacity: Select the whole recording. Click Effect > Amplify and use the setting Amplification 9.

-The bit rate needs to be 128kbps and constant. We fix bit rate when we export (to MP3, in our case). So, click Export > Export as MP3. In the lower half of the new window you see "Format Options". You want to first click Bit Rate Mode: Constant. Then, for Quality select 128 kbps from the drop-down menu and for Channel Mode: Joint Stereo.

Please edit, save, upload and post again in this thread so we can listen again :) Well done!

Bienvenida a LibriVox y gracias por la prueba!

Tienes una voz muy agradable :)

Hay dos cosas que arreglar:
- el volumen es un poco bajo. No sé si usas Audacity, pero será posible amplificar la grabación. Por favor amplifique con 9
- el bit rate (no sé cómo se dice en español) tiene que ser 128kbps y constant. Lo puedes arreglar cuando lo guardas como mp3.

Por favor edita el archivo, guarda, sube y escribe otra vez en este hilo. Buen trabajo! Por favor haznos saber si tienes preguntas :)
Kathrine

halexraynal

Post by halexraynal » March 27th, 2020, 9:05 am

Hi kathrinee,

Thank you for your encouragement! I suspected the volume would need adjusting, so I've followed your steps and resubmitted. The new recording is available here: https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test2_halexraynal.mp3. I look forward to your thoughts.

I'm surprised at how easy things are once you get started. The initial push is daunting, but glad to be rolling for now.

Alexia

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » March 28th, 2020, 7:29 am

Perfecto!

You're all set. Have fun! 8-)

P.S. If you're in the USA, would you be interested in this poetry project? It's still in copyright for those outside the USA: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=74800
Mystery stories: The Master of Mysteries
Kerner Report on 1967 race riots: LINK
Mussolini's speeches thru 1923: LINK
Samuel Smiles Self-Help: Character
Family history: The Medici, Vol. 2

halexraynal

Post by halexraynal » March 28th, 2020, 6:01 pm

TriciaG wrote:
March 28th, 2020, 7:29 am
Perfecto!

You're all set. Have fun! 8-)

P.S. If you're in the USA, would you be interested in this poetry project? It's still in copyright for those outside the USA: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=74800
Hi, TriciaG. I am in the US, but I haven't developed the interpretive skills I would need to feel comfortable reading works like the ones in your project. Thank you for the invitation. I hope we run up into each other again!