[COMPLETE] The Boy Scouts on Sturgeon Island, Herbert Carter - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

dhandiR wrote: December 29th, 2020, 7:22 pm Here's Track 4 (13:15):
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/boyscoutsonsturgeonisland_04_carter_128kb.mp3
If there are any tracks left, I'd like to claim them
The only tracks left are the one that need to be fixed. I have heard back from one reader, the others I will probably assume have vanished. I will fix them, if I can. If they are that bad, I will let you know if I need a replacement. Thank you!

BTW, I am thinking about posting the next book in this series soon. Keep watch!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Chapter 4 is PL OK!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

I have been able to fix three of the four chapters needing fixes.

Chapter 23 has been de-amplified by 4 dB, now is PL OK!

Chapter 27 and 28 were both amplified and compressed to get the volume up to the range we are looking for, they are now PL OK!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
flutr87

Post by flutr87 »

icequeen wrote: December 21st, 2020, 4:53 pm
flutr87 wrote: December 21st, 2020, 2:50 pm
icequeen wrote: September 11th, 2020, 9:43 pm Section 26 needs a few fixes.

The volume is way too high. We need the volume to be around 89 dB, with a range of 87-92 dB. The volume of this section is currently 96.8. I am also hearing a lot of clipping, which is that static sound that you can hear in some of the louder spots. That static is where the peaks went beyond the recording window, and any sounds outside the window will not be included in your recording. I think the clipping isn't too bad, it may not be too bad when you reduce the volume, which needs to be reduced by 7 dB to get it were it needs to be.

Checker is also saying that your background noise is too high, at 51 dB. I am not hearing it, and it could be reduced once you reduce the volume. So, I recommend you just reduce your volume first, then we can check the background noise and decide if it needs to be taken care of.
Sorry I just saw this. I'll work on figuring out how to reduce the volume. I'll let you know if I need help:) Joan
No problem! Thank you for letting me know!
Good evening, here is a new and improved file. (I hope) I checked it with checker and it said I passed:) I see I'm the last holdout, so I hope this helps to finish things up for you. Joan
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/boyscoutsonsturgeonisland_26_carter_128kb.mp3
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

flutr87 wrote: January 4th, 2021, 7:33 pm
icequeen wrote: December 21st, 2020, 4:53 pm
flutr87 wrote: December 21st, 2020, 2:50 pm

Sorry I just saw this. I'll work on figuring out how to reduce the volume. I'll let you know if I need help:) Joan
No problem! Thank you for letting me know!
Good evening, here is a new and improved file. (I hope) I checked it with checker and it said I passed:) I see I'm the last holdout, so I hope this helps to finish things up for you. Joan
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/boyscoutsonsturgeonisland_26_carter_128kb.mp3
It does help to finish things up, and this one passes Checker for me too! So, chapter 26 is PL OK, and we are off to the catalog! Thank you so much!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

While the cataloging process is processing, I have posted the next book in the Boy Scouts series! viewtopic.php?f=28&t=84695
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-boy-scouts-on-sturgeon-island-by-st-george-henry-rathborne/

Great job, everyone! Thank you so much for participating in this project! :clap: :clap:
Ann

Audio, video, disco!