OPEN [DR] A Passage to India by E. M. Forster - rap

Plays and other dramatic works
benderca

Post by benderca »

Lynnet wrote: June 11th, 2020, 5:44 pm Placing this project on hold.
Sorry, I got too caught up in my group projects that I neglected my one solo. Sorry.

I've actually recorded quite a bit, but I've been playing around with the accents and I'm not sure that I can hold them for the entire book. I recorded several chapters using Indian and British accents for the characters and my natural American for the narrator. But when editing, I'm not satisfied that I have stayed in character (and I don't want to offend anybody :shock: -- I know how the actor playing the Indian character in The Simpsons took a lot of slack for his pseudo-Indian accent, but he was paid lots of money... I'm only a volunteer so I should be okay, right? :wink: ).

In the end, I think I've settled on doing the whole thing in American English and avoiding the stress. I'll post some chapters ASAP.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.
TJ
benderca

Post by benderca »

I'm still working on this one.
:D
benderca

Post by benderca »

Still working on this one. Recorded a couple more chapters, but I haven't started to edit them yet.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi I am sorry, but due to a major astma attack I have to give up the dplship of this book.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
benderca

Post by benderca »

miss stav wrote: December 5th, 2020, 10:48 pm Hi I am sorry, but due to a major astma attack I have to give up the dplship of this book.
Thanks, Stav! I hope you'll be feeling better soon.

This project is moving more slowly than I had hoped. But I have recorded a few more chapters that I still need to edit. Thanks for your patience.
TJ
benderca

Post by benderca »

Just checking in to let you know I am still working on this project.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

benderca wrote: January 2nd, 2021, 9:02 am Just checking in to let you know I am still working on this project.
:thumbs: If Stav still isn’t back, I will PL
benderca

Post by benderca »

Lynnet wrote: January 2nd, 2021, 10:11 am :thumbs: If Stav still isn’t back, I will PL
Thanks, Lynnet!

I've uploaded Chapter 1:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/passagetoindia_01_forster_128kb.mp3
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Chapter 1 PL OK
Chapter 10 PL OK
benderca

Post by benderca »

Still working on this. :D
Kirsten Wever

Post by Kirsten Wever »

Hello all,

I found you because I wanted to solo this book, but I'd also love to DPL. Do you still want a DPL? I would listen most dedicatedly. (Truth in advertising: I listen tough, sort of TriciaG-style.).

I can see someone has PL*d, but my phone's LV website obscures much so I can't tell if you still need a D for the PLing.

Whether or no, it gives me the warm and fuzzies just to know you are birthing this baby into the PD.

8-)

Kirsten
– Kirsten

A person who won't read* has no advantage over one who can't. – Twain

* or at least listen!
benderca

Post by benderca »

Kirsten Wever wrote: April 6th, 2021, 6:00 pm Hello all,

I found you because I wanted to solo this book, but I'd also love to DPL. Do you still want a DPL? I would listen most dedicatedly. (Truth in advertising: I listen tough, sort of TriciaG-style.).

I can see someone has PL*d, but my phone's LV website obscures much so I can't tell if you still need a D for the PLing.

Whether or no, it gives me the warm and fuzzies just to know you are birthing this baby into the PD.

8-)

Kirsten
Hi Kirsten!

Thanks for your offer! I am making slow progress on this one and will be posting some more chapters soon. As an actor, who likes to do voices and dialects, I started this project trying to maintain specific male/female pitches and Indian English/British English dialects. As it turns out, I'm having trouble keeping character for a whole book, so I've mostly recorded sections which have long narrator texts so far. This is a fantastic book and deserves to be done well.

Lynnet has picked up the PL job since Stav became ill, but she may be happy to pass that off to you. We can ask. I'd be happy with either (or both) :D .

Thanks,
TJ
Kirsten Wever

Post by Kirsten Wever »

Thanks. I can tell it's going to be hell-uv-a-good read/listen!

Let me know if you need help. If I do part of the PLing I'll listen to it all -- with a critical ear but enjoying each vibration!

Best, Kirsten
– Kirsten

A person who won't read* has no advantage over one who can't. – Twain

* or at least listen!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Happy to turn DPL duties over to Kirsten