Hi everyone! :D

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Renelle

Post by Renelle » January 14th, 2020, 1:51 pm

Hello there! My name is Serena and I’m new to the LibriVox community! I started as a listener and I’m excited to start recording! I grew up listening to audio-dramas and I would especially be interested in reading for children’s lit and maybe a dramatized book!

I’ve gotten to do some VO for some local commercials (All volunteer! I was a commercial producer and could run to the audio booth when a spot needed voiced!) but I’ve never done anything with my own setup. I love learning and am open and eager for any and all suggestions! :help: (ie, is it better to record in a closet? I don’t have audio foam but I’ve got plenty of blankets!) :)

A bit about me...I’m a 32-year-old Iowan, I love podcasts, learning things on YouTube, and audio editing (which I hope maybe one day I can give that a try, here, too!)

I’m just excited to be a part of the LibriVox fam!! :D You all are laid-back and fun! :thumbs:

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » January 14th, 2020, 7:45 pm

Welcome to LibriVox Serena! Great to have you aboard. Jump in and have fun here. I've made a little video to welcome people; you may find it informative and helpful or then again it may just be confusing. In any case ask lots of questions, we are a helpful bunch here. https://youtu.be/mwtn_2d3_qs

Oh, and Isabella, the happy Librivox penguin welcomes you too Image

Edit: You questions about where to record are excellent. I just use some blankets hung around my computer. Ask these in the forum and they will help you. It's not the equipment, it is our desire to tell a story that counts.
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy
Blessed are the curious. For they shall have adventures .

Need Help? More sorta helpful Videos Here

Renelle

Post by Renelle » January 17th, 2020, 10:07 pm

Thanks for the welcome Phil! (And for forwarding the video for Newbies like me!) Not gonna lie, I was also really hoping to get to meet Isabella the dancing penguin! :lol: ::high-fives Penguin::