[CLASSICS]Institutio Oratoria (On the Education of an Orator), volume 2 by Quintilian-leni

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11528
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » March 22nd, 2020, 8:38 pm

Hello, Barbara! Here I am back after a break due to classes restarting, and then I had do to some dental surgery, and then... and then... oh well. I hope to be back on track now. Section 9 is fixed and uploaded, 10 and 11 recorded, should edit soon. :)
Leni
=================

Come read about flowers and plants in Pliny's Natural History! :D

barbara2
Posts: 2094
Joined: June 24th, 2012, 10:28 pm
Location: Australia

Post by barbara2 » March 22nd, 2020, 8:53 pm

Leni wrote:
March 22nd, 2020, 8:38 pm
Hello, Barbara! Here I am back after a break due to classes restarting, and then I had do to some dental surgery, and then... and then... oh well. I hope to be back on track now. Section 9 is fixed and uploaded, 10 and 11 recorded, should edit soon. :)
Nice to see you back!

Section 9 is PL OK.

Best,

Barbara

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11528
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » March 23rd, 2020, 10:41 pm

Thanks much, Barbara. Here is section 10. That was a hard one, I had to interrupt it in the middle because my cats were going insane, and since I changed my setup, I could not find a good microphone position, so I ended up with some plosives. Tried to fix the worst ones, please do let me know if there are some too jarring still. I found a better position for the next sections, so it should be better then.

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/institutio2_10_quintilian_128kb.mp3
34:41
Leni
=================

Come read about flowers and plants in Pliny's Natural History! :D

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11528
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » March 24th, 2020, 8:31 pm

Leni
=================

Come read about flowers and plants in Pliny's Natural History! :D

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11528
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » March 24th, 2020, 8:50 pm

Leni
=================

Come read about flowers and plants in Pliny's Natural History! :D

barbara2
Posts: 2094
Joined: June 24th, 2012, 10:28 pm
Location: Australia

Post by barbara2 » March 24th, 2020, 10:25 pm

Leni wrote:
March 23rd, 2020, 10:41 pm
Thanks much, Barbara. Here is section 10. That was a hard one, I had to interrupt it in the middle because my cats were going insane, and since I changed my setup, I could not find a good microphone position, so I ended up with some plosives. Tried to fix the worst ones, please do let me know if there are some too jarring still. I found a better position for the next sections, so it should be better then.

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/institutio2_10_quintilian_128kb.mp3
34:41
Section 10 is PL OK. Bad cats! But I didn't notice the plosives.

Best,

Barbara

barbara2
Posts: 2094
Joined: June 24th, 2012, 10:28 pm
Location: Australia

Post by barbara2 » March 25th, 2020, 7:15 pm

Leni wrote:
March 24th, 2020, 8:31 pm
Section 11 is up!

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/institutio2_11_quintilian_128kb.mp3

24:27
And it's PL OK.

I had to call the fire brigade at about 20:00 - a fire broke out in the parkland next door! Cough . Cough. But I soldiered on...

Best,

Barbara

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11528
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » March 26th, 2020, 9:19 am

barbara2 wrote:
March 25th, 2020, 7:15 pm
And it's PL OK.

I had to call the fire brigade at about 20:00 - a fire broke out in the parkland next door! Cough . Cough. But I soldiered on...

Best,

Barbara
:help: :help:

PLing is a job for the brave!

Thanks, Barbara!
Leni
=================

Come read about flowers and plants in Pliny's Natural History! :D

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11528
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » March 26th, 2020, 9:26 pm

Leni
=================

Come read about flowers and plants in Pliny's Natural History! :D

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11528
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » March 26th, 2020, 9:43 pm

Aaaand section 14.
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/institutio2_14_quintilian_128kb.mp3
21:03

Now only Book VI to go. It is one of my favorites in the whole work. :)
Leni
=================

Come read about flowers and plants in Pliny's Natural History! :D

barbara2
Posts: 2094
Joined: June 24th, 2012, 10:28 pm
Location: Australia

Post by barbara2 » March 27th, 2020, 3:46 am

Leni wrote:
March 24th, 2020, 8:50 pm
Section 12 is up too.

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/institutio2_12_quintilian_128kb.mp3
13:30
Excellent advice there. PL OK.

Best,

Barbara

barbara2
Posts: 2094
Joined: June 24th, 2012, 10:28 pm
Location: Australia

Post by barbara2 » March 28th, 2020, 4:42 pm

Leni wrote:
March 26th, 2020, 9:26 pm
Section 13 is done!
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/institutio2_13_quintilian_128kb.mp3
35:23
And it is PL OK.

Best,

Barbara

barbara2
Posts: 2094
Joined: June 24th, 2012, 10:28 pm
Location: Australia

Post by barbara2 » April 1st, 2020, 4:31 am

Leni wrote:
March 26th, 2020, 9:43 pm
Aaaand section 14.
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/institutio2_14_quintilian_128kb.mp3
21:03

Now only Book VI to go. It is one of my favorites in the whole work. :)
I'll put my hand up to PL it then, Leni.

There is a repeat in section 14 at 5:12-5:14 "the fifth part"

Best,

Barbara

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11528
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » April 1st, 2020, 9:07 am

barbara2 wrote:
April 1st, 2020, 4:31 am

I'll put my hand up to PL it then, Leni.

There is a repeat in section 14 at 5:12-5:14 "the fifth part"

Best,

Barbara
Yay :mrgreen:

Thanks for catching the repeat. I will fix soon. And my plan is to have the next section all done until next week. Let's see.
Leni
=================

Come read about flowers and plants in Pliny's Natural History! :D

Post Reply