New Here - Introducing Myself

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Poseidonis

Post by Poseidonis » January 12th, 2020, 10:27 am

Hello All,

I'm Poseidonis (the title of a volume of Clark Ashton Smith stories set on a continent soon to sink into the sea).

I'm an Assistant Principal of a large, comprehensive public high school, formerly an English Teacher, have a Masters (and am eternally ABD) in Philosophy (Philosophy of Science, specifically), and harbor a deep love for Fantastic Fiction of many types (with a special love for authors who published in Weird Tales).

I taught in inner city high schools very successfully for well over a decade, before moving into administration, and students whom other teachers found challenging for whatever reason enjoyed my classes, saying, "We love when you read to us, Miss. We can see what you're reading like it's a movie."

In short, I love reading books and stories out loud, dramatically, and folks seem to enjoy listening to me when I do so. So when a friend of mine mentioned that folks could volunteer to read books and stories on here, I was only upset that I hadn't heard about it sooner, and joined up instantly.

Thanks for having me, and thanks as well, in advance, for any tips or advice (I'm sure to ask soon enough)! Take care! Cris

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » January 12th, 2020, 8:50 pm

Hot Ziggedy Dog, you have found t he right place. |Welcome and have fun. I've made a little video to welcome people; you may find it informative and helpful or then again it may just be confusing. In any case ask lots of questions, we are a helpful bunch here. https://youtu.be/mwtn_2d3_qs

Oh, and Isabella, the happy Librivox penguin welcomes you too Image
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy
Blessed are the curious. For they shall have adventures .

Need Help? More sorta helpful Videos Here

Poseidonis

Post by Poseidonis » January 18th, 2020, 8:31 am

Thanks so much! Can't wait!