Greetings and introducing myself

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Eirena

Post by Eirena » January 11th, 2020, 8:21 pm

Hello to all!
My name is Eirena and I am quite excited to be here. I have been listening to LibriVox audiobooks for awhile now as well as reading a few of the books that are not audiobooks. I commend and applaud what you have been doing to make these books available to all who want to have their lives touched by the classics.
I am a musician who plays several instruments including vocals. I also write songs, poems, stories, research papers and scripts.
I have a couple of degrees. These are in art as well as forensics, criminal justice, facial reconstruction and so on.
I currently am a bassist with our area orchestra and have a side group that has recently begun gathering called the 66 Ensemble. The ensemble hasn't published anything yet as we are in the beginning, however, the orchestra is the Mohave Community Orchestra and can be found online in Facebook and more. Everyone involved are volunteers as with here at LibriVox.
I am also an artist and award winning photographer. I work with many different mediums and am going to be having some of my art in the next art show at a local gallery.
I love volunteering for projects such as here at LibriVox. I have been gathering my equipment together just for that purpose. I would like everyone to know that if you should need me to read or proof-listen, I am here. I did just go through some major mouth surgery due to a brown recluse bite, so recording may be another week or maybe two away. After that I'm able to record as much as I want. I look forward to it all.
If there is anything else you need or want to know feel free to contact me, just ask.
I thank those at LibriVox for accepting me as a member/volunteer once again and I look forward to hearing from all of you!
Best regards,
Eirena

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » January 11th, 2020, 8:31 pm

Welcome Eirena! We are happy to have you here. Your welcome email has tons of great information. Do your 1 minute test and jump right in!
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy
She danced like nobody was watching. But people were watching and she looked like bees were attacking her. .

Need Help? More sorta helpful Videos Here

Eirena

Post by Eirena » January 16th, 2020, 9:39 am

Thank you! I will be doing my 1minute test in approximately a week when I have recovered from my recent surgery enough to be able to speak again clearly and without the pain. I look forward to it and am excited to volunteer. I would also like to volunteer for proof-listening as well.
Hello to everyone!
May you all have a wonderful day
Eirena