~[GRP/Short stories] The Black Dog and Other Stories by A.E. Coppard - lt

Short Poetry Collections, Short Story Collections, and our Weekly Poetry Project
Post Reply
orbitalowl
Posts: 10
Joined: April 28th, 2020, 11:29 am

Post by orbitalowl » May 11th, 2020, 12:15 pm

I would like to try Section 21 - "Luxury", if it is still available (I see it open on the table, but also note a user claimed it in February).

I'm new to LibriVox, but have passed the 1-Minute Test. My username (orbitalowl) is fine for use in the catalog.

OO

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19416
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » May 11th, 2020, 12:38 pm

orbitalowl wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 12:15 pm
I would like to try Section 21 - "Luxury", if it is still available (I see it open on the table, but also note a user claimed it in February).

I'm new to LibriVox, but have passed the 1-Minute Test. My username (orbitalowl) is fine for use in the catalog.

OO
Welcome to Librivox. Section 21 is yours (the previous reader did not submit a file within 2 months of the date of claim, so it was ‘orphaned’)
All the instructions you need are n the first post, but please ask if you have questions.

Libia518
Posts: 5
Joined: April 30th, 2020, 12:23 pm

Post by Libia518 » May 12th, 2020, 9:17 pm

Hi Lynnet,

I fixed the title, compressed and amplified. Thanks for sharing those links they were very helpful.
Here it is https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/blackdog_07_coppard_128kb.mp3

I'll check back if there's any further PL notes.

Best,
Libia
Lynnet wrote:
May 8th, 2020, 8:12 am
Section 7
The overall volume is too low. Please amplify by ~16dB https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_z607awyLw
However, since some parts are loud (probably where you patched in corrections) you will probably find you can't do this without clipping and will need to compress the file https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ3lOTDsN6c
You can check the specs of your file using Checker https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Checker We aim for 89dB, but 86-92dB is usually acceptable.

When you re-upload, please be sure to include the leading 0 in the file name _07_

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19416
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » May 12th, 2020, 9:41 pm

Libia518 wrote:
May 12th, 2020, 9:17 pm
Hi Lynnet,

I fixed the title, compressed and amplified. Thanks for sharing those links they were very helpful.
Here it is https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/blackdog_07_coppard_128kb.mp3

I'll check back if there's any further PL notes.

Best,
Libia
Lynnet wrote:
May 8th, 2020, 8:12 am
Section 7
The overall volume is too low. Please amplify by ~16dB https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_z607awyLw
However, since some parts are loud (probably where you patched in corrections) you will probably find you can't do this without clipping and will need to compress the file https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ3lOTDsN6c
You can check the specs of your file using Checker https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Checker We aim for 89dB, but 86-92dB is usually acceptable.

When you re-upload, please be sure to include the leading 0 in the file name _07_
Thank you

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19416
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » May 13th, 2020, 1:42 am

Section 7 PL OK (spot on... 89.3dB :clap: )

orbitalowl
Posts: 10
Joined: April 28th, 2020, 11:29 am

Post by orbitalowl » May 13th, 2020, 10:08 am

Section 21 - Luxury uploaded:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/blackdog_21_coppard_128kb.mp3

Length: 15:00.

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19416
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » May 13th, 2020, 1:48 pm

orbitalowl wrote:
May 13th, 2020, 10:08 am
Section 21 - Luxury uploaded:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/blackdog_21_coppard_128kb.mp3

Length: 15:00.
Thank you

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19416
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » May 14th, 2020, 9:25 am

Section 21 PL OK

orbitalowl
Posts: 10
Joined: April 28th, 2020, 11:29 am

Post by orbitalowl » May 14th, 2020, 12:51 pm

May I have Section 14 - The Wife of Ted Wickham next?

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19416
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » May 14th, 2020, 3:44 pm

orbitalowl wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 12:51 pm
May I have Section 14 - The Wife of Ted Wickham next?
Certainly

Jairobi
Posts: 8
Joined: May 8th, 2020, 8:16 am

Post by Jairobi » May 16th, 2020, 1:33 pm

I would like to claim section 15 - Tanil, please.
-Jai

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19416
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » May 16th, 2020, 2:13 pm

Jairobi wrote:
May 16th, 2020, 1:33 pm
I would like to claim section 15 - Tanil, please.
-Jai
Thank you for claiming

Jairobi
Posts: 8
Joined: May 8th, 2020, 8:16 am

Post by Jairobi » May 23rd, 2020, 7:11 pm

Here is my completed section 15 (Tanil) -https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/blackdog_15_coppard_128kb.mp3
Length is 36:47.
Thanks for the opportunity!
- Jai

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19416
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » May 23rd, 2020, 7:46 pm

Jairobi wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 7:11 pm
Here is my completed section 15 (Tanil) -https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/blackdog_15_coppard_128kb.mp3
Length is 36:47.
Thanks for the opportunity!
- Jai
Thank you

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19416
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » May 24th, 2020, 9:33 am

Ch 15
The volume is a little high. Please amplify by about -3dB. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_z607awyLw

Great reading.

Post Reply