Merry Christmas 2019!!

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

At my church, at Christmas Eve midnight mass, there's an annual custom that was started by our long-time choir director - (over 40 years and still going!) At the end of the mass, the choir sings Handel's Hallelujah Chorus, and anybody who wants to join the choir is invited to come up and sing. The choir usually doubles in size at that point, as people come streaming from the pews up to the choir, and music is passed out and shared. Some of us read music and sing well, some of us just "wing it", but everyone joins in with enthusiasm, and it's always rousing enough to send us all away into the night on a musical high. So, even though the Hallelujah Chorus is not technically a Christmas carol, I have to say this annual sing-along is my favorite Christmas music!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

That is a great Christmas tradition. Someone I know went to a Messiah singalong event this month, and I wish I could have made it. They said that, rather than being in the choir loft, the choir members are dispersed throughout the congregation, and for the finale, they draw someone's name from a hat, out of everyone present, to come up and conduct the final piece. I'm going to have to try very hard to go next year.
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

mightyfelix wrote: ↑December 26th, 2019, 6:11 pm
msfry wrote: ↑December 26th, 2019, 12:24 pm My all time favorite Christmas Album, played every year since it came out when my son was small (he played it last night at our party), is John Denver and the Muppets Christmas Album, and my favorite song is . . . . I can't decide. Some make me laugh. Others make me cry, or tap my feet. The all put me "in the holiday mood".
My absolute favorite Christmas movie is A Muppet Christmas Carol. For a bunch of puppets, they really know how to do it right, don't they? :D
Same!! My family loves that movie...and the songs are just amazing!
~ πš˜πš— πš‘πš’πšŠπšπšžπšœ ~
ElSimplice

Post by ElSimplice »

On a scale from 1 to 10, how intense was your xmas?
Mine was a 6.5
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

ElSimplice wrote: ↑January 7th, 2020, 5:43 pm On a scale from 1 to 10, how intense was your xmas?
Mine was a 6.5
Well, there was the awful incident while carving the turkey, but fortunately the red of the cranberry sauce seemed to cover everything up.
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

ElSimplice wrote: ↑January 7th, 2020, 5:43 pm On a scale from 1 to 10, how intense was your xmas?
Mine was a 6.5
Probably about a 4.5. Making the tostadas was the most stressful for me, as there were three people in our pretty small kitchen all trying to do things at the same time! :lol:
ej400

Post by ej400 »

JayKitty76 wrote: ↑January 8th, 2020, 4:09 pm Probably about a 4.5. Making the tostadas was the most stressful for me, as there were three people in our pretty small kitchen all trying to do things at the same time! :lol:
At work when we get 3 people in the kitchen that means we're not short-staffed and we've got a good amount of people (except for lunch and dinner). But three people at home trying to make food sounds like a horrible last-minute all hands on deck type of thing where you're trying to prepare things for the family and friends. But ah, it's Christmas. Eventually, it won't seem stressful and you'll be reminded of the wonderful times you get to have later.
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

ej400 wrote: ↑January 8th, 2020, 8:33 pm
JayKitty76 wrote: ↑January 8th, 2020, 4:09 pm Probably about a 4.5. Making the tostadas was the most stressful for me, as there were three people in our pretty small kitchen all trying to do things at the same time! :lol:
At work when we get 3 people in the kitchen that means we're not short-staffed and we've got a good amount of people (except for lunch and dinner). But three people at home trying to make food sounds like a horrible last-minute all hands on deck type of thing where you're trying to prepare things for the family and friends. But ah, it's Christmas. Eventually, it won't seem stressful and you'll be reminded of the wonderful times you get to have later.
Spot-on :lol: It was crazy stressful, trying to maneuver around my parents and other people while juggling dishes and food :lol: But you're right of course, EJ, it was all worthwhile. I got to see my cousins who live in LA so that was fantastic. :wink: