[Complete] CRIPPS the Carrier by R.D. Blackmore - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

It reminds me of authority figures in my life who've put their egos ahead of their desire for me to produce a desired outcome for them. Crushing someone's spirit is no way to lead them. He even tried to backpedal, but poison, once drunk, wil never return to the bottle.
Like a story that we wish was never ending, we know sometime we must reach the final page. Still we carry on just pretending that there'll always be one more book to go. - Fading Lights, Genesis
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

It's so sad when people do that. But it seems to be so much of a human tendency to protect oneself rather than looking out for everyone concerned. :( And then it's hard for the ones who were hurt to try to forgive if it keeps happening in lesser or greater degrees... But poor Kit's trials make those I’ve faced look very minor indeed!
~Rosebud
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Ch 54 is ready for PL!
Getting there!
Like a story that we wish was never ending, we know sometime we must reach the final page. Still we carry on just pretending that there'll always be one more book to go. - Fading Lights, Genesis
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Ch 55 and 56 are also now ready for PL!
Hopefully, that's a wrap!

I'm going to rewrite the summary, as Lynette suggested, now that I know the whole story.
The summary, though, should not give away key parts, right? I'm thinking of it as a trailer for a movie.

This has been fun.
Hopefully the next won't be as difficult now that my equipment is more stable.

Keith
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

54 & 56 are PL OK.

55 has a repeat ~12:12. Sorry, I didn't make a note of the words.
~Rosebud
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Thanks for catching that!
The corrected version is up now.
I thought is funny that I didn't understand the ending until I listened through it again in editing.
To be fair, I was pretty tired when I recorded the last chapter.
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

:lol: Yes, I didn’t understand it at first either, especially since I kept dosing off when listening last night. So I listened again today to make sure I hadn’t missed anything. But it’s his style of being suggestive rather than coming right out and stating the facts that makes it hard to catch the meaning.

Btw, I noticed the patch on the word ‘board’, but figured you’ve probably spent enough time on that to call it good enough. I haven’t done much in audacity, but from what I’ve seen, it’s much harder to get precise cuts than I once imagined!

I’ll spot PL 55 tonight. Thanks,
~Rosebud
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

Lol!
In a way I like the fact that I'm soothing enough to put one to sleep. Ah! Reminds me of my preaching days!

By the by, I've already been scouting for the next project.
I've liked Blackmore, so I started there.
There's another novel that's not in the LV collection: Kit and Kitty. It's not the same Kit as Cripps. What has me excited, is it seems a much brighter tale. It's in first person, so there's some emotion in the narration.

What do y'all think? Are you with me?

Keith
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

I should check the book before agreeing to it, but I too have enjoyed Blackmore. Besides that, if you’re doing another solo I’d hate missing out! :wink:

I’ll be gone again from 3/19 - 4/5, but afterward I expect to be back and ready to roll.
~Rosebud
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

That will give me another chance to build up a set of chapters.
I'd like another shot at hitting a two-month window. Also, this will give me a feel for what it's like to take on a project as the weather is getting better! If I want to do this as an occupation someday, I'll need the discipline to stick with it, even on nice days.

Keith
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

55 spot PL OK :thumbs:

Ready to catalog! :clap: Congratulations on your first completed Solo! :9:
~Rosebud
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Working on this now!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

All audio files can be found on our catalog page:https://librivox.org/cripps-the-carrier-by-richard-doddridge-blackmore/

Congratulations on your first solo! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: