[SOLO] CRIPPS the Carrier by R.D. Blackmore - lt

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
Keratak
Posts: 142
Joined: May 20th, 2019, 10:01 pm

Post by Keratak » December 2nd, 2019, 9:55 am

I wanted to finish by Jan 31.
The trick will be getting time to record. I usually have to wait for the family to be asleep, and lately I've been dodging the tractors and trucks from the harvest. Fortunately, I can usually hear them approaching before the mic picks them up!
Who woulda thought? 😁

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17722
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » December 2nd, 2019, 10:36 am

RSlabaugh wrote:
December 2nd, 2019, 9:18 am
Very good! :) I'm enjoying it so far! What deadline are you hoping for? Maybe you mentioned it sometime, I forget.
When a soloist sets up a project, they are asked for a deadline, but that doesn’t get transferred to the project thread. And no one holds them to it, so long as they are checking in regularly.

RSlabaugh
Posts: 492
Joined: June 29th, 2019, 6:43 pm
Location: USA

Post by RSlabaugh » December 2nd, 2019, 1:05 pm

Lynnet wrote:
December 2nd, 2019, 10:36 am
When a soloist sets up a project, they are asked for a deadline, but that doesn’t get transferred to the project thread. And no one holds them to it, so long as they are checking in regularly.
Ah, makes sense! I keep learning new things. :thumbs:
Keratak wrote:
December 2nd, 2019, 9:55 am
I wanted to finish by Jan 31.
The trick will be getting time to record. I usually have to wait for the family to be asleep, and lately I've been dodging the tractors and trucks from the harvest. Fortunately, I can usually hear them approaching before the mic picks them up!
Who woulda thought? 😁
Sounds good to me! I’ll likely be gone the last half of Jan, but expect to be home most of Feb. I’ll try to make sure I’m all caught up before I leave, but we can cross those bridges then.
~Rosebud

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a first step."
-Chinese sage, Lao-tze

Keratak
Posts: 142
Joined: May 20th, 2019, 10:01 pm

Post by Keratak » December 2nd, 2019, 11:44 pm

Chapters 2 and 3 are ready for PL.

RSlabaugh
Posts: 492
Joined: June 29th, 2019, 6:43 pm
Location: USA

Post by RSlabaugh » December 3rd, 2019, 8:38 am

Keratak wrote:
December 2nd, 2019, 11:44 pm
Chapters 2 and 3 are ready for PL.
:thumbs: Hopefully I'll have a chance to listen today!

Are you enjoying the MW? I always think it's fun making it show progress! :)
~Rosebud

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a first step."
-Chinese sage, Lao-tze

Keratak
Posts: 142
Joined: May 20th, 2019, 10:01 pm

Post by Keratak » December 3rd, 2019, 8:54 am

Sure do! I love being able to just dig into a project. At work, it seems I'm always waiting for someone else to do their part.

Now my only limitations are: finding time to record, and not reading myself to sleep when I'm editing!

Keratak
Posts: 142
Joined: May 20th, 2019, 10:01 pm

Post by Keratak » December 3rd, 2019, 10:23 pm

I'm not sure what's happening with by login. It won't let me in the BC section.
I don't have time to mess with it tonight.
Ch 4 and 5 are ready for PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/crippscarrier_04_blackmore_128kb.mp3

(6:12)



https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/crippscarrier_05_blackmore_128kb.mp3
(11:07)

Keratak
Posts: 142
Joined: May 20th, 2019, 10:01 pm

Post by Keratak » December 3rd, 2019, 10:27 pm

...and then I clicked on the BC part by the MW, and I was in.

RSlabaugh
Posts: 492
Joined: June 29th, 2019, 6:43 pm
Location: USA

Post by RSlabaugh » December 3rd, 2019, 11:12 pm

Keratak wrote:
December 3rd, 2019, 10:27 pm
...and then I clicked on the BC part by the MW, and I was in.
Yes, sometimes you have to hold your tongue just right to make it work... :mrgreen:

Glad it worked, and eager for another opportunity to listen! I doubt it’ll happen tomorrow though, I’ll see.
~Rosebud

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a first step."
-Chinese sage, Lao-tze

RSlabaugh
Posts: 492
Joined: June 29th, 2019, 6:43 pm
Location: USA

Post by RSlabaugh » December 5th, 2019, 1:21 pm

Keratak wrote:
December 2nd, 2019, 11:44 pm
Chapters 2 and 3 are ready for PL.
Both PL OK :D

You did the owl perfectly in chapter 2! I even jumped a little. :lol:
~Rosebud

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a first step."
-Chinese sage, Lao-tze

RSlabaugh
Posts: 492
Joined: June 29th, 2019, 6:43 pm
Location: USA

Post by RSlabaugh » December 5th, 2019, 1:46 pm

Chapters 4 & 5 are also PL OK.

Now I’m in suspense!!
~Rosebud

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a first step."
-Chinese sage, Lao-tze

Keratak
Posts: 142
Joined: May 20th, 2019, 10:01 pm

Post by Keratak » December 5th, 2019, 2:03 pm

I'm glad you like them! Thanks for the encouragement, you know how needy actors can be. 😁

Chapters 6 and 7 were the questionable ones. I started listening to them last night, but may have to redo them. This new computer was supposed to be quieter, but it's actually worse. Noise Reduction isn't even taking it out.

Always a learning process.

Keratak
Posts: 142
Joined: May 20th, 2019, 10:01 pm

Post by Keratak » December 8th, 2019, 7:21 pm

I thought I was going to do more yesterday, but Ch 6 & 7 are ready for PL.

Keith

RSlabaugh
Posts: 492
Joined: June 29th, 2019, 6:43 pm
Location: USA

Post by RSlabaugh » December 10th, 2019, 10:32 am

Keratak wrote:
December 8th, 2019, 7:21 pm
I thought I was going to do more yesterday, but Ch 6 & 7 are ready for PL.

Keith
Section 6 PL OK

Section 7 PL notes:
1) File should end at 10:47 (Go ahead and listen to the end. :wink:)

2) Volume is a bit lower than the other files have been if I remember correctly. (Don't have the number handy now, but think it was just over 86.) So it's OK, but if you're doing something with the file anyway, I thought you might want to get it to match better. Do check it before you adjust though because I don't have laptop access today to confirm my memory.

Thanks!
~Rosebud

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a first step."
-Chinese sage, Lao-tze

Keratak
Posts: 142
Joined: May 20th, 2019, 10:01 pm

Post by Keratak » December 10th, 2019, 9:46 pm

RSlabaugh wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 10:32 am
Keratak wrote:
December 8th, 2019, 7:21 pm
I thought I was going to do more yesterday, but Ch 6 & 7 are ready for PL.

Keith
Section 6 PL OK

Section 7 PL notes:
1) File should end at 10:47 (Go ahead and listen to the end. :wink:)

2) Volume is a bit lower than the other files have been if I remember correctly. (Don't have the number handy now, but think it was just over 86.) So it's OK, but if you're doing something with the file anyway, I thought you might want to get it to match better. Do check it before you adjust though because I don't have laptop access today to confirm my memory.

Thanks!
Ah! you caught me! In my final walkthrough, I realized I'd said, "...the story of the mane." (where, on earth, these slips come from is fodder for a real Psych study!)
Anyway, I tried for about a half-hour to piece together existing audio, and finally had to go up and record that last bit. I gotta do a better job of covering my tracks! :)

Somehow I also edited Ch10 before 9. I went ahead and submitted it, along with the corrected (and loudified) version of Ch 7.

I'm working on Ch 9 next, so feel free to sit tight until they are all in order.

Thanks for the help!

Keith

Post Reply