craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Lynette,
Just a reminder as it has been awhile.
Dave
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hi there. Yes, thank you. I absolutely still want to do this. Just waiting to get my voice back from this Covid crud.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Just read the note below your signature. Sending good vibes.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hi there! Just checking in. . .

My voice is back enough to do light recording, so I've been working on the two narration projects where others have been waiting for those.

I think it will take a couple more weeks to be strong enough for the chapters here, where I use different voices for characters. At the moment, my voice gives out after only about 5 minutes if I try doing that.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

LCaulkins wrote: January 4th, 2021, 4:13 pm Hi there! Just checking in. . .

My voice is back enough to do light recording, so I've been working on the two narration projects where others have been waiting for those.

I think it will take a couple more weeks to be strong enough for the chapters here, where I use different voices for characters. At the moment, my voice gives out after only about 5 minutes if I try doing that.
I can wait. I understand all too well voice and breath issues.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Checking in again. I'm hoping you don't have to pull this project from me.

It's clear that the Covid greatly weakened my vocal cords. They do improve each week, but currently they are incapable of recording more than half of a "normal" chapter per day, with weekends completely off for resting them.

I'm hitting the two narrator parts that have others waiting for current work. I've done about 3/4 of all that, so they're close to being off my list.

Then I have one narrator part that I'm the editor to finish, and when that's squared away, I'll be back to this solo. This is my favorite of my 4 "obligations," but nobody else is being held up by it, so I have it slated last.

I'm not taking on any other recording bits until I've gotten these four tucked away. At the current rate that I'm able to record, I'd estimate 6 weeks is about when I can resume this solo (and it will be my only recording project until it's finished).
~Lynette * -
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

LCaulkins wrote: February 26th, 2021, 9:26 am Checking in again. I'm hoping you don't have to pull this project from me.

It's clear that the Covid greatly weakened my vocal cords. They do improve each week, but currently they are incapable of recording more than half of a "normal" chapter per day, with weekends completely off for resting them.

I'm hitting the two narrator parts that have others waiting for current work. I've done about 3/4 of all that, so they're close to being off my list.

Then I have one narrator part that I'm the editor to finish, and when that's squared away, I'll be back to this solo. This is my favorite of my 4 "obligations," but nobody else is being held up by it, so I have it slated last.

I'm not taking on any other recording bits until I've gotten these four tucked away. At the current rate that I'm able to record, I'd estimate 6 weeks is about when I can resume this solo (and it will be my only recording project until it's finished).
I'm here for whenever you need me. If I can do more, let me know.
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Checking in again. I'm hoping you don't have to pull this project from me.
Nope. Should you ask, I would look for a reader to finish the book. But I would only do that if you asked.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thanks, guys - and Kevin, I'm sorry to see you're not well :( Hope you feel better soon!
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Just poking my head in. I'm squaring away the 3rd of the 4 catch-up projects that were ahead of my solo book, so I'm much closer to returning to this one. :)
~Lynette * -
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

LCaulkins wrote: August 24th, 2021, 6:38 pm Just poking my head in. I'm squaring away the 3rd of the 4 catch-up projects that were ahead of my solo book, so I'm much closer to returning to this one. :)
I'll be here. Don't rush on my account.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hey, Kevin -

You may hate me for this. :twisted:

I started listening to my old files here to get back into the game and hit this solo determinedly -

And I hated my less-experience tempo, pacing, and allergy-season breathiness. So I slowed the tempo, fixed some of the pacing, and edited away a lot of the extra breaths.

I guess it will need to be re-heard to make sure I didn't mess something up in the process. So very sorry about that. I'm hoping it's been long enough since the first go-'round, that it'll not be so odious for you.
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Kevin, Scratch that!

Craig and Kevin -

Every single time I get back into working on this, it keeps hitting me on the head that this would be so much better as a dramatic read. I kept waffling between, and then decided to keep it as a solo, but now I am even more struck that this really should be a DR.

Craig, can we scrap the whole solo project here? Nobody needs to adopt it and finish it.

I've saved the files I'd already uploaded, and when this is a live DR, I'll be culling the Narrator role from them. So it wouldn't make sense for them to be kept in an orphaned solo project.

Thank you so much for all your patience with me on this. I feel rather foolish, but I know this will be an amazing DR. A popular one, too, I suspect - I mean, Pirates and all!
~Lynette * -
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

It likely will be tomorrow before I can delete this project.

edit: I don't MC dramatic readings but it has occurred to me that it may be possible to reuse the template for this project. Rather than delete this I might wait to see if that is possible (when a new MC takes this project on as a DR). It may be more trouble though than starting anew.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thanks for thinking of that, Craig. I know the first post for DR is a little different from solo, though, with the file name cues for different submissions, and other stuff. I don't mind working up a fresh template in the DR form. I pulled the relevant links that I'll want to use.
~Lynette * -