~ The Book of Irish Poetry, part II by A. P. Graves - kiki

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
alanmapstone
Posts: 2222
Joined: February 15th, 2012, 12:20 pm
Location: Oxford

Post by alanmapstone » April 29th, 2020, 9:20 pm

Hi Kiki

As the poem in section 8 (The wind that shakes the barley) is the lyric of a well known folk song would you like me to attempt a sung version or would prefer a spoken recitation? I have done sung sections for Librivox before.
alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose

Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6468
Joined: December 18th, 2006, 9:48 am
Location: Riga, Latvia.

Post by Kikisaulite » April 30th, 2020, 12:02 am

alanmapstone wrote:
April 29th, 2020, 9:20 pm
Hi Kiki

As the poem in section 8 (The wind that shakes the barley) is the lyric of a well known folk song would you like me to attempt a sung version or would prefer a spoken recitation? I have done sung sections for Librivox before.
Well, as long as you keep to the text and do proper intros-outros, I do not see why not. That would liven up the collection nicely!
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.

alanmapstone
Posts: 2222
Joined: February 15th, 2012, 12:20 pm
Location: Oxford

Post by alanmapstone » April 30th, 2020, 7:10 am

alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose

ellies
Posts: 748
Joined: April 13th, 2018, 11:12 pm
Location: UK

Post by ellies » April 30th, 2020, 7:46 am

"The pure joy of reading and sharing with others, must never be taken for granted"- Ellies
Happy to take on orphaned sections.

ellies
Posts: 748
Joined: April 13th, 2018, 11:12 pm
Location: UK

Post by ellies » April 30th, 2020, 8:25 am

"The pure joy of reading and sharing with others, must never be taken for granted"- Ellies
Happy to take on orphaned sections.

Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6468
Joined: December 18th, 2006, 9:48 am
Location: Riga, Latvia.

Post by Kikisaulite » April 30th, 2020, 8:33 am

Thank you, Alan and Ellies!
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.

alanmapstone
Posts: 2222
Joined: February 15th, 2012, 12:20 pm
Location: Oxford

Post by alanmapstone » April 30th, 2020, 9:57 pm

As this project now has open sections which need readers would it not be better moved to Readers Wanted? Just a suggestion :D
alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose

Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6468
Joined: December 18th, 2006, 9:48 am
Location: Riga, Latvia.

Post by Kikisaulite » May 1st, 2020, 3:08 am

alanmapstone wrote:
April 30th, 2020, 9:57 pm
As this project now has open sections which need readers would it not be better moved to Readers Wanted? Just a suggestion :D
Well, yes. :D That's an excellent suggestion. Forgot this part. :lol:
Moving now. :)
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.

Aikenpayne
Posts: 45
Joined: March 16th, 2016, 7:13 pm

Post by Aikenpayne » May 1st, 2020, 7:54 am

Good afternoon all,

As I grew up in and around the areas mentioned in these poems I would like to claim:

Section 35 - Dublin Bay by Lady Dufferin

Section 36 - The Kilruddery Hunt by Thomas Mozeen


Many thanks,

Sláinte (and take care)

Aiken

atinygoose
Posts: 3
Joined: March 20th, 2020, 2:14 pm

Post by atinygoose » May 1st, 2020, 2:46 pm


atinygoose
Posts: 3
Joined: March 20th, 2020, 2:14 pm

Post by atinygoose » May 1st, 2020, 2:57 pm

Oops! My volume was too high. My mom helped me fix it. Here's the fixed one.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/irishpoetrypart2_115_graves_128kb.mp3

eringrassie
Posts: 89
Joined: November 23rd, 2017, 2:07 pm
Contact:

Post by eringrassie » May 1st, 2020, 3:02 pm

linny wrote:
April 25th, 2020, 8:54 am
Erin,
Wonderful reading on section 119. The volume is a little high at 92.5. Please amplify by -3.
Fixed it! I had totally forgotten about the Checker program for finding overall volume. Thanks!

https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/irishpoetrypart2_119_graves_128kb.mp3
And verily did the chains fall off all manner of things which sorely needed chaining.
I’m ->superpsyched<- for the opportunity to join this community, learn all I can and read all I can.

SpiderGwen
Posts: 1
Joined: March 18th, 2020, 2:41 pm

Post by SpiderGwen » May 1st, 2020, 4:26 pm

https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/irishpoetrypart2_097_graves_128kb.mp3

1:40

St. Michan's Churchyard is ready for checking. :D 8-)

Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6468
Joined: December 18th, 2006, 9:48 am
Location: Riga, Latvia.

Post by Kikisaulite » May 4th, 2020, 6:14 am

Aikenpayne wrote:
May 1st, 2020, 7:54 am
Good afternoon all,

As I grew up in and around the areas mentioned in these poems I would like to claim:

Section 35 - Dublin Bay by Lady Dufferin

Section 36 - The Kilruddery Hunt by Thomas Mozeen


Many thanks,

Sláinte (and take care)

Aiken
35 and 36 are yours, enjoy! :)
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.

Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 6468
Joined: December 18th, 2006, 9:48 am
Location: Riga, Latvia.

Post by Kikisaulite » May 4th, 2020, 6:14 am

atinygoose wrote:
May 1st, 2020, 2:57 pm
Oops! My volume was too high. My mom helped me fix it. Here's the fixed one.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/irishpoetrypart2_115_graves_128kb.mp3
Thank you!
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.

Post Reply