COMPLETE[PLAY] Belinda: an April Folly, by A.A. Milne - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

You have done and posted what I need to update everything.

Thanks, Todd
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Lovely job. everybody! :clap: :clap:
Only one tiny mistake - almost too tiny to mention, but it does kind of change the meaning.
16:15 Devenish: "oh, that's right," should be "oh, that's all right."
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Ciufi wrote: August 27th, 2021, 11:51 am Lovely job. everybody! :clap: :clap:
Only one tiny mistake - almost too tiny to mention, but it does kind of change the meaning.
16:15 Devenish: "oh, that's right," should be "oh, that's all right."
OK, hey Ciufi, will you spot check the patch and see if you think that is better to have like this now - or should we revert to the original version.

(Our difficulty is that shortly after JohanSupertramp recorded the part, he disappeared from LibriVox, so we've never been able to contact him for corrections. I did find an "all right" by him in another act and patched it in, playing as much as I could with pitch and tempo and all, but it had a different consonant lead-in, and my ear can't decide if what I massaged out of it is plenty good enough, or if it's better undone?)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

That is a clever patch job! I really think if one was not listening for it, it would not be noticed. I am sorry to have caused you so much work for such a small thing! But pl ok! :clap:
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Ciufi wrote: August 27th, 2021, 3:27 pm That is a clever patch job! I really think if one was not listening for it, it would not be noticed. I am sorry to have caused you so much work for such a small thing! But pl ok! :clap:
No, don't apologize! You gave me the detailed attention I was hoping for. :)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

So, now we're ready for the catalog, Todd! Thank you so much for MCing for me, and for your patience with how the impact of my long covid affected my LibriVox work.
~Lynette * -
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Uploaded to Archive.org. It can take 2 minutes, 2 hours, or 2 days to derive all the different file types at Archive so that I can mark it complete and release to the catalog.

I'll check later tonight.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

This project is complete. Audio files can be found on our catalog page at https://librivox.org/belinda-an-april-folly-in-three-acts-by-a-a-milne/

Thanks, Todd
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Woohoo!!

Thank you so much, everybody! :clap: :9:
~Lynette * -
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Nice to see this one wrapped up! :D :clap: