~[POETRY] Verses by Hilaire Belloc - philc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
Muzika
Posts: 8
Joined: October 23rd, 2019, 8:24 pm

Post by Muzika » October 29th, 2019, 10:14 am

Hi! Could I claim 42-44?

silverquill
Posts: 12933
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » October 29th, 2019, 8:52 pm

Muzika wrote:
October 29th, 2019, 10:14 am
Hi! Could I claim 42-44?
Thank you!
All yours.

meppichharris
Posts: 44
Joined: October 29th, 2019, 7:41 pm

Post by meppichharris » October 30th, 2019, 8:18 am

Hello! I'd like to claim section 9 and 12.

Thanks,
Marcia Eppich-Harris

erieston
Posts: 73
Joined: October 5th, 2019, 4:53 am
Location: Italy
Contact:

Post by erieston » November 2nd, 2019, 8:34 am

If a Deaf person swears, does his mother wash his hands with soap? :lol:

eringrassie
Posts: 84
Joined: November 23rd, 2017, 2:07 pm
Contact:

Post by eringrassie » November 2nd, 2019, 10:48 am

Hello!

I'd love to take a crack at #4 Auvergnat and #27 West Sussex Drinking Song, please.

Belloc sounds like quite a salty character! Reading his wikipage they mentioned some of his stories for young children including, "Jim, who ran away from his nurse, and was eaten by a lion" and "Matilda, who told lies and was burnt to death". :lol: Gotta read those to my girls....
And verily did the chains fall off all manner of things which sorely needed chaining.
I’m ->superpsyched<- for the opportunity to join this community, learn all I can and read all I can.

silverquill
Posts: 12933
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » November 2nd, 2019, 6:56 pm

meppichharris wrote:
October 30th, 2019, 8:18 am
Hello! I'd like to claim section 9 and 12.

Thanks,
Marcia Eppich-Harris
Thank you!
I have put you in the MW for these.

silverquill
Posts: 12933
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » November 2nd, 2019, 7:02 pm


silverquill
Posts: 12933
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » November 2nd, 2019, 7:04 pm

eringrassie wrote:
November 2nd, 2019, 10:48 am
Hello!

I'd love to take a crack at #4 Auvergnat and #27 West Sussex Drinking Song, please.

Belloc sounds like quite a salty character! Reading his wikipage they mentioned some of his stories for young children including, "Jim, who ran away from his nurse, and was eaten by a lion" and "Matilda, who told lies and was burnt to death". :lol: Gotta read those to my girls....
You've got it!
Thanks.

eringrassie
Posts: 84
Joined: November 23rd, 2017, 2:07 pm
Contact:

Post by eringrassie » November 2nd, 2019, 7:08 pm

Ack! I meant #24 Auvergnat. :shock:
And verily did the chains fall off all manner of things which sorely needed chaining.
I’m ->superpsyched<- for the opportunity to join this community, learn all I can and read all I can.

eringrassie
Posts: 84
Joined: November 23rd, 2017, 2:07 pm
Contact:

Post by eringrassie » November 2nd, 2019, 7:17 pm

PS- In West Sussex Drinking Song, are the words "Chorus" said or ignored as rubric?
And verily did the chains fall off all manner of things which sorely needed chaining.
I’m ->superpsyched<- for the opportunity to join this community, learn all I can and read all I can.

silverquill
Posts: 12933
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » November 2nd, 2019, 7:23 pm

eringrassie wrote:
November 2nd, 2019, 7:17 pm
PS- In West Sussex Drinking Song, are the words "Chorus" said or ignored as rubric?
Either way is fine, but I think I would include it.
Sorry I overlooked 24, but I'll get you in for it.

~Larry

lubee930
Posts: 4672
Joined: March 4th, 2012, 1:06 pm
Location: Denver, CO, USA

Post by lubee930 » November 2nd, 2019, 8:24 pm

Hi Larry--

May I claim Section 40 "Newdigate Poem"--? And do you want me to read the footnotes as I read the verse--or verse only? Thank you! :)
Kind regards,
Lucretia

silverquill
Posts: 12933
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » November 2nd, 2019, 10:35 pm

lubee930 wrote:
November 2nd, 2019, 8:24 pm
Hi Larry--

May I claim Section 40 "Newdigate Poem"--? And do you want me to read the footnotes as I read the verse--or verse only? Thank you! :)
Thanks, Lucretia!

Please do NOT read the footnotes.
Thanks for asking.

brightwriter419
Posts: 37
Joined: February 9th, 2019, 10:37 pm

Post by brightwriter419 » November 3rd, 2019, 9:06 am

Hi, Larry!

I'd like to claim section 1 ("To Dives"), if I could.

Matt


Post Reply