[Solo] Nellie Brown, or, The Jealous Wife: With Other Sketches by Thomas Detter-leni

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
Pinklady77

Post by Pinklady77 » October 6th, 2019, 1:14 pm

Nellie Brown, or, The Jealous Wife: With Other Sketches by Thomas Detter (1826 - ?).
READERS The design of this work is to show the unhappy results of jealousy and misplaced confidence, arid the wicked designs of corrupt parties. Man and woman were created for a noble purpose by their Creator; but how often do we see families that have lived long happily together rent in twain by such malignant characters as Mrs. H., Aunt Polly and Martha Lovejoy more fully explained in the following work. Such characters are to be found in all communities, like hungry wolves hunt ing down their prey; they often paralyze the hopes of the good and just, cause doubts, gloom and despair to overhang their pathway, where the radiant sunlight of happiness had long beamed. Malicious persons, like Sampson's foxes, are ever scattering the firebrands of hate, mischief and discord, and should be shunned by all lovers of good society. ( The Author, Thomas P. Detter)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): https://archive.org/details/nelliebrownorjea00dettrich
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin ============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of Nellie Brown, or, The Jealous Wife: With Other Sketches. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Nellie Brown, or, The Jealous Wife: With Other Sketches, by Thomas Detter. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of Nellie Brown, or, The Jealous Wife: With Other Sketches by Thomas Detter. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Nellie Brown, or, The Jealous Wife: With Other Sketches, by Thomas Detter. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename nelliebrown_##_detter_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. nelliebrown_01_detter_128kb.mp3)
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    Artist: Thomas Detter
    Title: ## - [Section title]
    Album: Nellie Brown, or, The Jealous Wife: With Other Sketches

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: Leni
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Lola

mightyfelix

Post by mightyfelix » October 6th, 2019, 3:46 pm

Best of luck on this one, Lola! It looks like you've chosen an interesting work. I've enjoyed PLing your other solo, but will bow out for this one. I'm sure you will find a great volunteer to work with you! :D

Pinklady77

Post by Pinklady77 » October 6th, 2019, 7:33 pm

mightyfelix wrote:
October 6th, 2019, 3:46 pm
Best of luck on this one, Lola! It looks like you've chosen an interesting work. I've enjoyed PLing your other solo, but will bow out for this one. I'm sure you will find a great volunteer to work with you! :D
Thank you. You're going to be missed but I know we will work together again
Lola

Pinklady77

Post by Pinklady77 » October 6th, 2019, 7:34 pm

mightyfelix wrote:
October 6th, 2019, 3:46 pm
Thank you. You're going to be missed but I know we will work together again
Lola

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni » October 7th, 2019, 5:03 pm

Hello, Lola. I can set this up for you. I will add your magic window. :D

Edit: Ok, you have a window and everything seems to be ok. I had to hunt a bit for the author, and it seems no one really knows when he died, but in 1871 he should be around 40 years of age, so even if he lived to be an old man, copyright should not be an issue. You already have experience with the window, all should work the same here. Let's stay here in the Launchpad a bit more to see if we find a Proof-Listener for you. :mrgreen:
Leni
=================

Come read about flowers and plants in Pliny's Natural History! :D

Pinklady77

Post by Pinklady77 » October 7th, 2019, 7:59 pm

Leni wrote:
October 7th, 2019, 5:03 pm
Hello, Lola. I can set this up for you. I will add your magic window. :D

Edit: Ok, you have a window and everything seems to be ok. I had to hunt a bit for the author, and it seems no one really knows when he died, but in 1871 he should be around 40 years of age, so even if he lived to be an old man, copyright should not be an issue. You already have experience with the window, all should work the same here. Let's stay here in the Launchpad a bit more to see if we find a Proof-Listener for you. :mrgreen:
Thank you, Leni. I'm so excited

I searched for him too but I also noticed in the book it was published with his name spelled incorrectly a few times on the same cover ie. Better, Dettee, and Detten.

I have a question, should I break up some of the first few chapters since it seems to be very large?

I have completed the MW.
Lola

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni » October 8th, 2019, 7:28 am

Hi, Lola.

Well, as a soloist, it is really up to you if you want to break the chapters. Some people don't mind long chapters, others do. Personally, I like my sections to be around 30 minutes. The only rule we have about it is that the recordings should not go over 72 minutes of length.You might want to record and see how long it takes, maybe? Let me know what you decide. :)
Leni
=================

Pinklady77

Post by Pinklady77 » October 8th, 2019, 9:21 am

Leni wrote:
October 8th, 2019, 7:28 am
Hi, Lola.

Well, as a soloist, it is really up to you if you want to break the chapters. Some people don't mind long chapters, others do. Personally, I like my sections to be around 30 minutes. The only rule we have about it is that the recordings should not go over 72 minutes of length.You might want to record and see how long it takes, maybe? Let me know what you decide. :)
Oaky I will

Thanks
Lola

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni » October 11th, 2019, 7:11 pm

Moving us to Going Solo. Let me know if you would like me to open a thread in Listeners Wanted to try and find a DPL for this project.
Leni
=================

Pinklady77

Post by Pinklady77 » October 11th, 2019, 9:12 pm

Leni wrote:
October 11th, 2019, 7:11 pm
Moving us to Going Solo. Let me know if you would like me to open a thread in Listeners Wanted to try and find a DPL for this project.
Yes please because my current DPL cant do this project with me right now.
Should I wait for the DPL to post the recordings I've done?
Lola

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni » October 12th, 2019, 5:10 pm

No, go ahead and post them. :)
Leni
=================

Pinklady77

Post by Pinklady77 » October 12th, 2019, 7:45 pm

:thumbs:
Leni wrote:
October 12th, 2019, 5:10 pm
No, go ahead and post them. :)
Lola

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni » October 13th, 2019, 4:41 pm

Ok, we have a thread in Listeners Wanted: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=76811
Leni
=================

KevinS

Post by KevinS » October 13th, 2019, 4:49 pm

I would like to DPL this, please. (Please, Leni?)
"E agora, José?"

Pinklady77

Post by Pinklady77 » October 13th, 2019, 8:39 pm

KevinS wrote:
October 13th, 2019, 4:49 pm
I would like to DPL this, please. (Please, Leni?)
:clap:
Lola