[COMPLETE] Sasha, by Aleksandr Kuprin - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
kwdavids

Post by kwdavids »

It works out to break section 08 at the end of VIII in "How I became an actor."
Kevin
At the last moment, I decided not to read this section in my "talk like a pirate" voice.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

kwdavids wrote: January 27th, 2020, 2:02 pm It works out to break section 08 at the end of VIII in "How I became an actor."
If you would make the split regardless, please. The other, later section numbers would have to be done if we don't.

Anxious to hear your work!
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

bluechien wrote: December 19th, 2019, 7:13 pm Since I can buy myself another two months ... :wink: can I claim Black Fog?
Kevin, would you mind a lot giving me about an extra two weeks to do this past the due date? I am trying really hard to wrap up a solo and it would be a big help to know that space is there.
Eva D
If we do meet again, why, we shall smile;
If not, why then, this parting was well made.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

bluechien wrote: January 31st, 2020, 3:22 pm
bluechien wrote: December 19th, 2019, 7:13 pm Since I can buy myself another two months ... :wink: can I claim Black Fog?
Kevin, would you mind a lot giving me about an extra two weeks to do this past the due date? I am trying really hard to wrap up a solo and it would be a big help to know that space is there.
Yes, of course. Don't worry. I'm behind on my reading for this project and I'm not whipping myself. (I'm getting over some kind of flu or something.)
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

Thanks a lot! And ooh, still the flu? :shock: Hope it shakes off soon!
Eva D
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

bluechien wrote: January 31st, 2020, 3:43 pm Thanks a lot! And ooh, still the flu? :shock: Hope it shakes off soon!
Outsiders would say it's just laziness that afflicts me.
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

Solo put away ... so here's this little morsel of 'mono no aware' for PL ...

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/sasha_11_kuprin_128kb.mp3 30:38
Eva D
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

bluechien wrote: February 12th, 2020, 3:13 pm Solo put away ... so here's this little morsel of 'mono no aware' for PL ...

Thank you! Tons!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

bluechien wrote: February 12th, 2020, 3:13 pm Solo put away ... so here's this little morsel of 'mono no aware' for PL ...

Such a reading! Many thanks to you! PL OK!
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

Thank you, Kevin! :9: I'm stuffed with similar nostalgias and enjoyed this story very much.
Eva D
kwdavids

Post by kwdavids »

I've hit a bit of a snag. After recording the first section and editing about half of it, I got an attack of sciatica, which means that it's painful for me to sit down. That really throws a monkey wrench in the editing process. I'm trying to work around and we'll how far I can get.

Sorry about the delay.
Kevin
At the last moment, I decided not to read this section in my "talk like a pirate" voice.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

kwdavids wrote: February 15th, 2020, 3:21 pm I've hit a bit of a snag. After recording the first section and editing about half of it, I got an attack of sciatica, which means that it's painful for me to sit down. That really throws a monkey wrench in the editing process. I'm trying to work around and we'll how far I can get.

Sorry about the delay.
Sciatica! I get that, too. Thankfully I have a chair with some kind of electrically-powered roller in it that seems to help. Imagine! It was a gift 28 years ago when I never dreamed I would need it!

Get better and don't worry. Don't push yourself. This collection is moving slowly so there is no bother. (In fact, I'm one of the slow ones!)
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Sections 6 and 14 orphaned.
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

KevinS wrote: April 14th, 2020, 6:06 pm Sections 6 and 14 orphaned.
If I could read something half as long, I would jump on "The Jewess." Marvelous story. Some lucky long-form reader ...
Eva D
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

bluechien wrote: May 4th, 2020, 11:44 am
KevinS wrote: April 14th, 2020, 6:06 pm Sections 6 and 14 orphaned.
If I could read something half as long, I would jump on "The Jewess." Marvelous story. Some lucky long-form reader ...
Haha! I feel the same way these days. I wish I had just a bit more oomph!

I'm going to start on Section 3 soon, however, and record just a little bit each day. We'll see how that works for me.