1 minute test

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
Perfecttimer

Post by Perfecttimer » September 13th, 2019, 7:44 am

Hello, here is the link to my 1 minute test:

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_perfecttimer.mp3

This was recorded on my android phone with an app called "MP3 Recorder", no specialized mic used. Ideally I would prefer to record on my phone, then do the post recording adjustments on my laptop if there's no way to do them on mobile. Can you let me know if the recording is ok to go into Audacity, and what adjustments should be made post recording?

I tried searching the forums for advice on recording on mobile but didn't find any definitive recording and editing apps to use, if there is a guide that I have missed can you kindly link me to it?

Thanks very much!

SaintAndrewHolyFool

Post by SaintAndrewHolyFool » September 13th, 2019, 3:28 pm

Sounds perfectly fine to me, but I am also not an expert and just started recording myself. :lol:

SaintAndrewHolyFool

Post by SaintAndrewHolyFool » September 13th, 2019, 3:29 pm

I didn't even consider recording on my phone. That is a good idea. I have an Oympus audio recorder I have been using but the sound quality would probably be better on Iphone 6.

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 » September 13th, 2019, 4:49 pm

Hi,

Sounds pretty good for on a phone! All your tech specs are correct. The only issue is that the volume is too low at 82.8 DB. We need it between 86 and 92 DB. If you plan on importing it into Audacity to edit, the volume can be easily amplified by going to effects --> amplify.

If you could amplify it by about 7 DB or so and reupload using the same file name and posting here, that would be great!

I think there was a thread on editing/recording on phones. I will see if I can find it for you!

Edit, here are a couple of discussions - not sure if they will be helpful:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=75575
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=69988