[COMPLETE]Solo SPANISH - Fortunata y Jacinta (Primera parte) - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Epachuko

Post by Epachuko »

Fortunata y Jacinta: dos historias de casadas (Primera Parte) by Benito Pérez Galdós (1843 - 1920).

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/fortunata-y-jacinta-dos-historias-de-casadas-primera-parte-by-benito-perez-galdos/
"Fortunata y Jacinta" esta considerada la mejor obra de su autor: Benito Pérez Galdós, y junto con "La Regenta" de Clarín, la cima de la novela española del Realismo del siglo XIX. Es mucho más que una historia de dos mujeres casadas de distinta posición social, carácter, y objetivos que ven sus vidas entrelazadas de manera dramática. Tanto es así que en 2003 fue elegida por aclamación popular como la mejor obra ambientada en Madrid que se ha escrito nunca y la que mejor refleja los surcos profundos de la sociedad de esta ciudad en los tres últimos siglos. Su extension en cuatro partes, su profundidad psicológica y el vastísimo elenco de personajes la han convertido en una obra universal, contribuyendo a situar a Galdós a la altura (y algunos dirán incluso por encima) de maestros como Balzac, Dickens o Dostoievsky.

En esta Primera Parte conoceremos los orígenes de la pudiente familia Santa Cruz, así como las andanzas del joven Juanito y cómo acabó casandose con la bella e inocente Jacinta. Sin embargo habrá algunos aspectos del pasado de vida alegre de Juanito Santa Cruz que levanten las sospechas de la atormentada Jacinta y, con la ayuda de Guillermina y Pepe Izquierdo, intentará resarcirse y dar un importante golpe de efecto en forma de "venganza poética" para salirse con la suya. (...)

(Epachuko)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/17013
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ===========================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Sección [numero] de Fortunata y Jacinta: dos historias de casadas (Primera Parte). Esta es una grabación de LibriVox. Todas las grabaciones de LibriVox están en el dominio público.para más información o para ser voluntario, por favor visite: librivox PUNTO org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Fortunata y Jacinta: dos historias de casadas (Primera Parte), by Benito Pérez Galdós. [Capitulo]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Sección [numero] de Fortunata y Jacinta (Primera Parte) by Benito Pérez Galdós. Esta grabación de LibriVox recording esta en el Dominio Público."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Titulo del capitulo]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "Fin de la sección [número]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "Fin de Fortunata y Jacinta: dos historias de casadas (Primera Parte), por Benito Pérez Galdós. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename fortunatayjacinta1_##_galdos_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. fortunatayjacinta1_01_galdos_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: Kitty
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Last edited by Epachuko on November 5th, 2019, 11:29 am, edited 23 times in total.
Grabaciones de Epachuko
Colabora leyendo secciones en español con nosotros en el foro Readers Wanted Languages other than English Recuerdos de mi vida (Ramón y Cajal) El Periquillo Sarniento- Cuentos valencianos - Primer romancero gitano
Epachuko

Post by Epachuko »

Por suerte este proyecto ya nace con DPL, es gabrielledosuarez ya que es él es quién me ha propuesto embarcarnos en esta aventura galdosiana de cuatro partes :mrgreen:
Grabaciones de Epachuko
Colabora leyendo secciones en español con nosotros en el foro Readers Wanted Languages other than English Recuerdos de mi vida (Ramón y Cajal) El Periquillo Sarniento- Cuentos valencianos - Primer romancero gitano
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

olà Epachuko :) this seems like a straightforward project and the source is ok, I can set up the MW for you and you can start recording. I see you already have a DPL, so we will move to Going Solo as soon as I'm done.

So you only want to do the first part in this project ? Not all four parts in one go ?

Stay tuned

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ok you have your MW that you can fill in. You only need to change the intro/outro to the Spanish words, you launched the English template ;)

Also I see you wanted 14 sections but there are only 11 chapters in Part one. If you plan on dividing some long chapters, it would be best to say "Seccion" instead of "Capitulo". Something to think about before you start with the first section.

I'll wait until you and Gabrielle have seen this, then I move us to going solo. Did you send the link to Gabrielle ?

Sonia
Epachuko

Post by Epachuko »

Hi Sonia, thanks for everything!!!

Well, the main idea is to record the four parts, but it is going to take so long (we estimate about a year) that I would rather go part by part, and I think it will be easier to record, DPL and listen. Each part is as long as a medium-short novel between 150-200 pages. Recording all the book on a row I think is too much, more than 100 sections around 30 minutes each :shock: discouraging while recording to us :cry: :lol: and fearsome choice to think if you want to start listening!

I think this firt part it is going to take more than the 14 sections I first guessed, because whenever is possible I would like to make sections of no more than 30 minutes to make it easier to follow. ( 8 pages takes me 26 minutes) When we did "La Regenta" the chapters were too long from my point of view... But Fortunata, because of her structure, allows to make shorter sections in the chapters without cutting the plot.

And about sections and chapters, for example if I understood properly and I want to divide chapter two into two sections it would be like that:

"Sección 2. Capitulo 2: Santa Cruz y Arráiz. Vistazo histórico sobre el comercio matritense (Parte A)"
"Sección 3. Capitulo 2: Santa Cruz y Arnaiz. Vistazo histórico sobre el comercio matritense (Parte B)"

Thanks again!!

P.D. indeed gabrielledosuarez is aware, and will be soon claiming the DPL on this thread :D
Grabaciones de Epachuko
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Epachuko wrote: September 1st, 2019, 12:41 pmWellRecording all the book on a row I think is too much, more than 100 sections around 30 minutes each :shock: discouraging while recording to us :cry:
ok, I understand your point of view. Yes it is no problem to make 4 projects out of it. It's also a sense of achievement if one part is completed.
And about sections and chapters, for example if I understood properly and I want to divide chapter two into two sections it would be like that:

"Sección 2. Capitulo 2: Santa Cruz y Arráiz. Vistazo histórico sobre el comercio matritense (Parte A)"
"Sección 3. Capitulo 2: Santa Cruz y Arnaiz. Vistazo histórico sobre el comercio matritense (Parte B)"
sounds a bit long. I would suggest you speak the intro like this then:

"Sección 2 de Fortunata y Jacinta (Primera Parte) by Benito Pérez Galdós. Esta grabación de LibriVox recording esta en el Dominio Público.
Grabado de Epachuko (optional)
Capitulo 2: Santa Cruz y Arnaiz. Vistazo histórico sobre el comercio matritense (Parte A)"

and then:

"Sección 3 de Fortunata y Jacinta (Primera Parte) by Benito Pérez Galdós. Esta grabación de LibriVox recording esta en el Dominio Público.
Grabado de Epachuko (optional)
Capitulo 2: Santa Cruz y Arnaiz. Vistazo histórico sobre el comercio matritense (Parte B)"

and at the end only: "Fin de Seccion 2" / "Fin de Seccion 3"

does this sound good to you ?

Ok, I move us over to Going Solo now.

Sonia
Epachuko

Post by Epachuko »

Perfect!!! :thumbs:

Thank you very much Sonia, for your advice and coordination! :D

Let's start this "little" adventure, and slowly but steady, enjoying section by section :mrgreen:
Grabaciones de Epachuko
gabrielledosuarez

Post by gabrielledosuarez »

Hi everyone!!!!
I`m here!!! ready to DPL this super project!!
We have to make this one perfect.
Bye.
Gabriel.
Epachuko

Post by Epachuko »

Primera sección subida.

Me llama la atención lo densa que es cada página, por ahora no tiene muchos diálogos, por lo que cada folio está prácticamente escrito en su totalidad. Eso hace que cada página me lleve más tiempo para leer que en otros proyecto (incluída La Regenta), así que es posibe que tenga que ir abriendo más secciones para evitar que cada sección sea excesivamente larga. Por ejemplo el capítulo 2 lo he tenido que dividir finalmente en tres secciones (casi una hora y media de grabación) y son sólo 18 páginas ... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Pero es genial, lo estoy disfrutando mucho. Paciencia y ánimo para llegar lejos!! :thumbs:
Grabaciones de Epachuko
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Epachuko wrote: September 7th, 2019, 5:02 amPor ejemplo el capítulo 2 lo he tenido que dividir finalmente en tres secciones (casi una hora y media de grabación) y son sólo 18 páginas ... :roll: :roll: :roll:
you can have up to 72 (or even 74) minutes in one section. So Chapter 2 with 1.5 hours could be divided in 2 sections of 45 minutes without any problem. But it's up to you if you prefer doing shorter sections.

Sonia
Epachuko

Post by Epachuko »

I would rather to make shorter sections whenever is possible. It easier for me to record one section each day I can record, and it makes also that every section has the same tone or volume in my voice in the same file. I think is easier to listen too, at least if what I prefer when I listen other Librivox proyects on the bus, driving or at home! :P :D

Chapter 2 is one the shorter ones :lol:

Thank you Sonia!!! I always appreciate your support and care on your proyects! :clap:
Grabaciones de Epachuko
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Epachuko wrote: September 7th, 2019, 5:32 amI would rather to make shorter sections whenever is possible. It easier for me to record one section each day I can record, and it makes also that every section has the same tone or volume in my voice in the same file.
oh I totally understand you. For me 25 minutes is already too long to record in one session :lol: I prefer sections under 20 to be comfortable. But I wanted to tell you the maximum, in case you didn't know.

Have a nice weekend

Sonia
gabrielledosuarez

Post by gabrielledosuarez »

Hi everyone,
here some little mistakes in the beginning sections. Let`s see:

Section 01. Ok.

Section 02. 01:52. "postrimetrías" / 25:35.

Section 03. 01:40--> 02:00 / 02:25 / 04:00 / 04:30 / 07:20 / 07:50 / 08:10 / 08:25 / 12:44 / 15:20 / 15:35 / 15:45 / 17:38 / 18:45 / 21:40 / 23:25 / 23:45 / 24:28 / 24:55 / 25:05 / 25:55 / 28:50 / 29:05 / 29:28 / 30:28 / 30:40 / 31:02.

Section 04. 01:25 / 02:03 / 02:50 / 03:15 / 03:45 / 04:05 / 05:30 / 06:14 / 06:35 / 08:35 / 10:42.

The mayority of the mistakes consist in repetitions.
There will be more soon.
Greatings. Bye :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Epachuko

Post by Epachuko »

Thanks for your great DPL! :clap:

I Will try to get more tome for editing before upload the files so you do not have to have so much job to do :oops: but it is going to take longer to upload New files. There we go Fortunata and Jacinta!

Thanks for your time and thouroughness!!!
Grabaciones de Epachuko
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Gabriel, are you able to access the Magic Window ? It would be good to update the section status to PL ok or PL notes, so we see clearly which sections are ok and which need editing. In the beginning it may still be easy but once we have the project going over many pages it may become confusing.

And Epachuko, don't feel like you need to rush through the book, we have time ;) no stress.

Thanks

Sonia