COMPLETE [GROUP] Fables of Aesop and Others by Aesop ed by Thomas Bewick-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ThadeusOfNazereth

Post by ThadeusOfNazereth »

First recording done: Here's 129 - The Vain Jack-Daw

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fablesofaesop_129_aesop_128kb.mp3
JenniferFour

Post by JenniferFour »

Lovely readings. All PL OK. You have a very nice voice and way of reading. Thanks!

Thank you so much!
Critical feedback is ALWAYS welcome - in the forum or via PM
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Phiona227 wrote: October 11th, 2019, 11:16 am i would like to read The haros and the frogs, The mountains in labor and The Fowler and the romg-dove.
Phione 227
Please claim by section number as requested. With 189 sections, I don't have time to search these, especially with all three are misspelled. Also, I see you have claimed sections in multiple projects in the past, but have you ever completed anything? I don't want to tie up this project with claims that go unfulfilled.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

gregleopold wrote: October 11th, 2019, 11:28 am I'll Do: 185, 186, and 187.
I would be glad to welcome you to this project!
But, we do ask our new readers first to complete a one-minute test recording to check specifications. You will find instructions for doing this in your welcome message our in the Newbie Guide to Recording which is linked in bullet point 2 in the head post for this project. I suggest you read through this because it has a lot of useful information that will help get you off to a good start.

Once you have the official "OK" on this test, please post again here for any open sections, and let me know how you would like to be listed in the LibriVox catalog.
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

mungojerry311 wrote: October 11th, 2019, 11:46 am If they haven't been claimed already, I'd like to do sections 123 and 125-128. These will be my first recordings, so I'd like to be listed by my real name, Mark Dykshoorn, in the Librivox catalog.
Thanks for joining!
I've put you in for these sections.
Just click on you name in the Magic Window to view your personal catalog page.
This is where you can track all of your LibriVox work.

WELCOME TO LIBRIVOX :clap:
~ Larry
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

hikki wrote: October 11th, 2019, 6:22 am
Jmbau13 wrote: October 10th, 2019, 3:18 am
Thank you, I have PL'd these. Great reading! Great attention to pausing in the right places and reading phrases in a way that conveys meaning - very well done.
Only one tiny change in 90:
~2.15 The word 'shew' is a now old fashioned spelling of 'show' and read just the same as show (even a native speaker might stumble on this). I'm going to ask you to change it, because a listener will think they are hearing the word 'shoo' which means something very different and makes no sense here.

FYI (For your information)
extraordinary - we usually say this as though there is no 'a' in it, ie, as 'extrordinary' in 5 syllables, rather than as 2 words in 6. No need to change unless you choose.
Thanks!

Note still waiting for the changes to your other files still marked See PL notes. (This always means you need to change something and re-upload the revised file/s).
Thank you so much for the review. I lent my mic to a friend for a week. I will make the changes as soon as I get it back. I actually lost the source files for the recording so I would have to record the whole things again. OR maybe I do the changes in the mp3 file?
As Larry says, just download the file again from Librivox, modify that, and re-upload.
If you zoom in, you'll find places where you can patch in a phrase or sentence (trying to do a single word is too hard and usually sounds very odd).
regards
Jane Bennett
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

ALL readers please note.

The word 'shew' is tripping some up. It's a now old-fashioned and unused spelling of the word 'show' and is pronounced exactly the same (ie, show). Please don't say it to rhyme with shoe and make this PL-er happy thereby.

Many thanks :wink:
regards
Jane Bennett
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

Nicely read - thank you for these.
I just have one issue I'm going to ask you to correct, which is to read 'shew' in 179 ~2.43 as 'show', and not to rhyme with 'shoe', so that the phrse is read 'and to show ourselves..' (I hear the rather confusing phrase currently '...and to shoe ourselves...'.
regards
Jane Bennett
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Jmbau13 wrote: October 11th, 2019, 8:36 pm ALL readers please note.

The word 'shew' is tripping some up. It's a now old-fashioned and unused spelling of the word 'show' and is pronounced exactly the same (ie, show). Please don't say it to rhyme with shoe and make this PL-er happy thereby.

Hahah! You've never heard of Ed Sullivan, have you?
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

ThadeusOfNazereth wrote: October 11th, 2019, 4:05 pm First recording done: Here's 129 - The Vain Jack-Daw

Thank you. Very nicely done, good clear reading. Great job, though just one small thing - the very first word 'Section' is SO much louder than anything else in your reading that it made me jump, and will doubtless startle other listeners. Perhaps you could keep an eye on this in future recordings? I'd prefer it softer, but whether you change, I'll leave up to you.
Larry will update the status in the MW as OK when he can. I missed that you had omitted to put in the length, which is 2.08
Last edited by Jmbau13 on October 11th, 2019, 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
regards
Jane Bennett
Jmbau13

Post by Jmbau13 »

KevinS wrote: October 11th, 2019, 8:44 pm

I certainly have (we don't exactly live in the darkages down here :lol: ), but have obviously missed the relevance here. Care to elaborate?
regards
Jane Bennett
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

ThadeusOfNazereth wrote: October 11th, 2019, 4:05 pm First recording done: Here's 129 - The Vain Jack-Daw

Thank you!
I've put this in the MW Ready for PL.

PS - Please remember to post the file length when you post the link.
~ Larry
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Jmbau13 wrote: October 11th, 2019, 8:51 pm
KevinS wrote: October 11th, 2019, 8:44 pm

I certainly have (we don't exactly live in the darkages down here :lol: ), but have obviously missed the relevance here. Care to elaborate?
Comics would often joke about how Ed opened his show. "We have a really great shoe for you tonight..." they would say.

(I'll just go sit in the corner, where I belong.)
mungojerry311

Post by mungojerry311 »

Comics would often joke about how Ed opened his show. "We have a really great shoe for you tonight..." they would say.

(I'll just go sit in the corner, where I belong.)
Here's an example that comes to mind from a novelty break-in record:

Ed Solomon - The Beatle Flying Saucer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh5U_LjH1Ww
mungojerry311

Post by mungojerry311 »

I must point out that you said "Section 121" instead of "Section 129". I don't know how the PL missed that.