One Minute Test - Feedback Wanted

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
TiredBonethief

Post by TiredBonethief » August 11th, 2019, 8:22 am

Hi all,

I posted a little bit earlier, around the end of June, and was waiting for someone to check the corrected version of my recording, but I think my original post got a bit lost in the mix! I don't mean to be pushy but I was hoping someone would be able to okay my test recording so I could start reading!

I'm using Audacity on a Windows computer, and I have a headset for recording. The original recording was a little quiet, so I amplified the volume a bit and used noise reduction.

Here is the recording:

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_tiredbonethief.mp3

Is there anything else I can do to improve my recording? Thanks for all your help and sorry for the double post!

-Tired Bonethief

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » August 13th, 2019, 10:16 am

Yep, it sure did get lost in the shuffle. Sorry about that!

The volume is great now. :)

I do notice that your breaths sound a little metallic. What settings did you use on noise reduction (especially the first number - the reduction itself)? I wonder if it might have been a bit too aggressive, causing the sound of your breaths to get a bit distorted.

It's acceptable for our purposes, but I would suggest exploring the tinny breaths in order to make the recordings that much better. ;)
Experiences in the Panama Canal Zone during construction: Zone Policeman 88
Australia & New Zealand history: LINK