1 minute test - Arabic recording

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
yassine86

Post by yassine86 » July 14th, 2019, 5:18 am

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » July 16th, 2019, 4:26 am

hello Yassine, welcome to our forum :)

thank you for this interesting test, it's the first time I hear it in Arabic. Was it a translation of the Peter Piper test ? Just curious, I did not understand it ;)

Anyway, the technical settings are mainly what I need to check and the basic settings are correct. :thumbs: So nothing to change there.

There is one thing that needs correcting though and that is the volume, which is too low. We accept between 86 and 92 dB and you only reach to 80 dB. We need to amplify with 7 at least, best would be 9 to get into the perfect average of 89 dB.

What programme are you using ? If it's Audacity, I can give you a step-by-step, but maybe you know your way around the editing programme already, so this will be easy for you to do.

Please ask if you have any problems. And please reupload the corrected version in this same thread, so I get notified and can have a second look.

And it's great to have another Arabic reader on here. If you want to try your hand at a small poem to start with, the multilingual project will be the perfect place to start: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=75048 You only need to make sure the text is public domain, so before you start recording, please post a link to your source there, so we can have a look.

Sonia

SaraHale

Post by SaraHale » July 16th, 2019, 6:00 am

السلام عليكم،
أنا سارة من مصر. فلو عايز اي مساعدة ممكن تقولى وانا حعمل فيديو لشرح الخطوات.

As-Salāmu ʿAlaykum
I'm Sarah, from Egypt. If you would like any help with the instructions, feel free to let me know. I'll do a video tutorial in Arabic showing you the steps.
Constructive criticism is always welcome. Thanks, SaraHale. :D

yassine86

Post by yassine86 » July 16th, 2019, 1:25 pm

Hello Kitty,
Thank you for your advise, the test wasn't a translation of the peter pipper, it's the arabic classic "the 1001 nights" :D :D
I will try to record an other test, and i will find how to adjust the volume to 89 dB, i will reupload it soon
Last edited by yassine86 on July 16th, 2019, 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yassine86

Post by yassine86 » July 16th, 2019, 1:30 pm

و عليكم السلام سارة
مسرور جدا بمعرفتك، سأكون ممتنا لك و أتمنى أن تعطبني تقييما و ملاحظات على التسجيل الأولي في انتظار إعادة تسجيل المقطع بالمعايير اللتي طلبت كيتي

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » July 16th, 2019, 11:37 pm

yassine86 wrote:
July 16th, 2019, 1:25 pm
I will try to record an other test, and i will find how to adjust the volume to 89 dB, i will reupload it soon
actually you don't need to re-record it all again, you can also simply try to amplify the volume on this test. Usually with every editing programme there should be a function to amplify the volume. Do you use Audacity ?

Also: since you are from Morocco, maybe you also speak French ? If it's helpful to you, we can write in French. :) Otherwise, Sarah can help you in Arabic for sure. (thank you, Sarah !)

Sonia

yassine86

Post by yassine86 » July 17th, 2019, 3:15 pm

Hello Sonia

Thank you for your request, it's the same even if i speak french better than english,
Actually i'm using an other program (wavepad) i'll try to change the volume

Thank you so much
Merci bcp
شكرا جزيلا