Another Newbie!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
JackLohr

Post by JackLohr » July 13th, 2019, 7:20 pm

Hello, from North Jersey, where I've just retired from a long career as a Presbyterian Church (USA) minister. I'm looking for ways to continue making a difference in the world, beyond spending time with my grandchildren.
I know the value of audio books (my mother had macular degeneration and used to listen to current resources through the Books for the Blind.)
I look forward to getting involved as an occasional reader. And if my second-language skills in Spanish can help, I'll bring that, too :!:
--Jack

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » July 14th, 2019, 6:20 am

Welcome to LibriVox Jack! We want you to have fun here but at first it may seem a bit confusing. Be patient; everything will clear up eventually. I've made a little video to welcome people and share a few things that I think are nice to know about us at the start of your adventure. Note, these are just my feelings. In any case ask lots of questions, we are a helpful bunch here and want VERY much for you to succeed. https://youtu.be/mwtn_2d3_qs
Disclaimer: LibriVox has been known to bring feelings of joy, happiness and and incredible amounts of good karma. Proceed with caution or wild abandon, your choice. Toy not included. Offer invalid in the state of Depression
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy
A goal should scare you a little and excite you a lot..

Need Help? Lots of Helpful Videos Here