[COMPLETE][Novel]Shirley by Charlotte Brontë - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

This work, Charlotte Bronte's second, is set in the England of the early 1800's, which was beset with political and social changes, represented by the Industrial Revolution and the Napoleonic Wars. And there is much to do with those changes in values from those of the past. But at its core, this novel is about romance. And the plot primarily follows the struggles and triumphs of two couples, the two brothers Moore, Louis and Robert, and Caroline Helstone and Shirley Keeldar. The final scenes capture the essence of the change in this world, and one hopes for the more philanthropic and egalitarian world pictured there, but at the same time one laments the loss of a world of magic and of a respect for natural beauty.
Last edited by neecheelok70 on January 14th, 2021, 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Did I do this right?
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, Jim. Actually you didn't have to quote the entire first post with the MW and all ;) Only the summary is enough for me. As you can see, I edited your previous post to include only the summary. I will now include it in the "back-office" in the official template which will be use later on in cataloguing.

I love the summary :thumbs: Thanks

And I see you have the final section ready :9: will PL today still so this can get catalogued. 8-)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: January 14th, 2021, 8:53 amHere is Section 37. :thumbs:
and it's done and dusted !!! PL ok. A bit of a strange narrative ending. All the "happily ever after" accounts of the people in the book. But it was funny to also get to know more about the minor characters. :mrgreen:

I liked the book and thank you again for taking this up and finishing it. :thumbs:

I'll proceed to the cataloging process now, yay ! Will post the link once it's done, but it will take a while, since the files are so long.

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

I enjoyed it. I had thought just to send the summary as a post, but then got carried away somehow. All's well that ends well! :thumbs:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and DONE !!! :clap:

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/shirley-version-2-by-charlotte-bronte/

moving it over to Completed. Congrats to another accomplished task, Jim ! We'll be seeing each other 8-) Have a good weekend for now

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

I always get excited when I see that magic word COMPLETE! Thank you.

P.S. I have just finished with the first of Sherry's submissions.