Community Podcast: Solace for the Grieving

Non-reading activities need your help too!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

TriciaG wrote: January 13th, 2023, 1:35 pm A community podcast wouldn't use the New Project Template Generator. It's all done in a regular thread, not with a MW.

See, for example, this one: viewtopic.php?t=72211

Everything from the top to the link lists was added when the podcast was finished. The original post started with "This has been percolating in my brain for years". You can follow that thread to get an idea how it's done.

In the past, an MC has offered the use of their uploader folder. We could find an MC willing to do that, or you could use the xx-nonproject folder for the submissions (all named somewhat uniformly, so they're easy to find and delete later on).
Thank you. I'll have to plug in the coffee machine, of course.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Aha, I had not heard that podcast before, though it appears I offered to add to it ... then forgot. Thanks for the link and the reminder.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

The community podcasts are all listed here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Librivox_Community_Podcast

You know, in case someone has nothing else to do but listen to old podcasts. :lol: There's lots of still relevant info in them!
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Gumfber

Post by Gumfber »

Thanks
msfry

Post by msfry »

TriciaG wrote: January 13th, 2023, 4:57 pm The community podcasts are all listed here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Librivox_Community_Podcast

You know, in case someone has nothing else to do but listen to old podcasts. :lol: There's lots of still relevant info in them!
150 to date???????????????????? And there used to be weekly releases???????????????? Holey Moley. :shock:
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Many, not all, of them were in the early days before we had a catalogue. They seem to have gradually become less popular with readers and people have struggled to get contributions.

Anne
msfry

Post by msfry »

annise wrote: January 15th, 2023, 1:08 pm Many, not all, of them were in the early days before we had a catalogue. They seem to have gradually become less popular with readers and people have struggled to get contributions.

Anne
It would be fun to review "the early days" podcasts. I might do that when I get time.
tjperkins

Post by tjperkins »

I could be interested in this project, which seems to have some renewed interest lately, even though it was originally proposed 3 years ago. One of my best friends grow up lost his brother unexpectedly about two months ago. And then this morning I discovered that my best friend in college actually died six years ago in a farming accident. If you would have asked my yesterday, I would have said that he was fine as far as I knew, and that I email with him occasionally.
Ted Perkins - Longtime Librivox listener, reading volunteer since early 2022