The Spiritual Combat is known as one of the greatest spiritual classics along with The Imitation of Christ, and was called the "golden book" by St. Frances de Sales. It was "the favorite, the dear book" of this great spiritual master, who was known to carry a copy with him for 18 years. The Saint read pages of it every day and recommended it to all under his direction. The purpose of the work is to guide the reader toward self mastery and spiritual perfection. It offers practical and concise guidance for people living "in the world", who wish to overcome temptation, sin and all that is evil. ( Roman Pallone, with excerpts from CatholicTradition.org)
This project is looking for prooflisteners. A DPL (Dedicated Proof Listener) would be preferred, but until one is found, we need prooflistening for completed sections.
Project thread: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=75318
Please post in the project thread if you can help with proof-listening.
Level of PL: Standard
- Does the intro match the one specified in the first post of the project thread (below the Magic Window)?
- Are there any long silences or pauses that ought to be edited out? If so, note the time.
- Are there any stumbles or repeats that ought to be edited out? If so, note the words and the time.
- Is there excessive background noise, a constant hiss or buzz that detracts from the reading?
- Did you need to turn your volume up unusually high to listen to the recording? (Or did you find the recording too loud?)
- Does the ending match the one specified in the first post of the project thread?
- Are there 5 seconds of silence at the end of the file?
New to prooflistening? Please read this FAQ.