Hello from Georgia, USA

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Leem

Post by Leem » June 13th, 2019, 11:16 am

Hello everyone, glad to be here. I am a university student in Atlanta, Georgia. I discovered LibriVox while looking for free audiobooks, and was blown away by the vast number of selfless contributions toward such a wonderful cause. I have no experience with voice-over and narration, but I am excited to learn. Contributing to LibriVox seems like the perfect way to help produce something valuable while furthering one’s own knowledge of literature. Thanks a lot for having me.

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » June 13th, 2019, 11:23 am

A great big welcome to LibriVox ! We want you to have fun here but at first it may seem a bit confusing. Be patient; everything will clear up eventually. I've made a little video to welcome people and share a few things that I think are nice to know about us at the start of your adventure. Note, these are just my feelings. In any case ask lots of questions, we are a helpful bunch here and want VERY much for you to succeed. https://youtu.be/mwtn_2d3_qs
Disclaimer: LibriVox has been known to bring feelings of joy, happiness and and just downright niceness. Proceed with caution. Toy not included.
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy
My wife just gave me a "Get Better Soon" card. I'm not sick. She just thinks I should be better...

Need Help? Lots of Helpful Videos Here

Leem

Post by Leem » June 13th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Thank you so much for the warm welcome! And the video! It was very informative, and I look forward to checking out more of them. Really awesome to know that this place is so helpful and kind. Thank you!

KevinS

Post by KevinS » June 13th, 2019, 1:50 pm

Welcome, welcome!

I see you've met the LibriVox penguin. That's good luck!
E agora, José?

Leem

Post by Leem » June 13th, 2019, 6:02 pm

KevinS wrote:
June 13th, 2019, 1:50 pm
Welcome, welcome!

I see you've met the LibriVox penguin. That's good luck!
Thanks for the welcome! And that is good to know, I will probably need the good luck haha.