Please Listen

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
JoeCampo

Post by JoeCampo » May 10th, 2019, 11:52 am

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » May 14th, 2019, 12:22 am

Hello Joe :)

first of all, welcome to the forum and sorry for getting back to you so late with feedback on your test.

I really liked your recording and your voice, it's got a dark timbre that I adore listening to. :9: Also your pace and enunciation is optimal for listening and understanding. So far so good. Basic technical settings are also all up to LV standard, so nothing to change there.

Only one tiny thing we have to tweak, and that is the volume. Without cranking up the volume I barely heard what you were saying ;) We accept between 86 and 92 dB, preferably as close around 89 as possible. Yours currently is only at 71.1 dB. :|

Are you using Audacity ? If so, it's really easy to amp the volume in post-processing. Please do the following to your current test, no need to re-record as the rest was all fine. That way you learn how to use the Audacity functions:

> highlight your recording
> go to Effect
> go to Amplify
> input 18 (in your case now) in the upper first slot (called: amplification dB)
> press ok

Now it should be good at around 88 dB. You can check your volume with the Checker program, if you wish. It will also tell you if any technical settings are wrong: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Checker

Please reupload and post the new link in this same thread, so I get notified and can check the result.

Thanks, and see you soon !

Sonia